Heroes

Heroes

A Poem by beancountersar
"

Been thinking about the crazy media...how it glamorizes the wrong things and shuns the good things.

"

Heroes

 

She quietly tells a story or two and covers him;

And whispers sweet comfort to chase the demons

Her day was a menagerie of “Ma’am”s, “more coffee”

And “Miss” as her legs and feet are the ones now begging.

 

He was content to be faithful for years while fortune found

Its way to his glory seeking boss; he said not a word, but trusted.

Six mouths to feed kept him living week to week, and oh,

How he missed her so, the woman who carried his heart to heaven.

 

No one comes to visit ole’ Jim anymore; deeds long since forgotten.

Holed up somewhere in a wheelchair with a four day growth he sits.

Once were the days in ’68 when a flying grenade found its way into camp.

He flung himself on the message of death and saved four fellow soldiers.

 

Does anyone know where the Love of God goes when it comes to everyday heroes?

That’s how I know that this life’s just a show; the glamour and glitz conceal the truth.

This world magnifies cowards and clowns, propping them up as gods for blessing.

But wisdom finds truth and knows that heroes pass us in life everyday.

 

Steve

May 18, 2009

© 2009 beancountersar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Perfect poem just in time for Memorial Day....let us remember the true heroes of the world...those who save lives, and are modest in their glory, instead of Hollywood produced so-called heroes.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
1 Review
Added on May 18, 2009

Author

beancountersar
beancountersar

KS



About
Hi and welcome to my writer's page. I am a novice writer of poems, ideas and stories. My day job being a CPA in Kansas. I have many interests such as sports, politics, human behavior, jogging, and o.. more..

Writing