It's to bad...

It's to bad...

A Poem by Bear
"

oh, just wishing, knowing it'll never be...

"

It's to bad, 

           you can't be more

                                that what you are

                        to me.....

I dream and wish for more,

                          ~~ more than what we are;

                   more than what I feel I am.

       If all the wishes came true....

  the possibility is there

             that we would not be

      at all...

   the past would fade... or be entirely changed...

         so, I guess it comes down to me

                              settling for what is ~~~

              and being grateful that "we" are

                                            at all.

 

                                

© 2008 Bear


Author's Note

 Bear
oh, don't worry... the friendship continues...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yanno, many times we're told to never settle but when you think about it, life is about compromise and making do. I used to say I'd never settle but now I know that the love/friendship that is given to us very well could be all that person has to give. When you look at it that way, we aren't settling at all. :+)

A great write, I enjoyed it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was sadly beautiful in its own way. I felt a longing deep within, yet also a touch of acceptance for what is now. Like in all things we come to a place of standstill. The crossroads to a place of need and truth and most of all, reality of what our minds and hearts say. As always you come forth with the perfect imagery in your pieces and in this I felt all.

I so missed your work my friend.

Mags xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


i sense somebody longing for a alil' more than whats transpiring or transpired...kind had gone thru the same situation, i guess its so relative we all have atimes...nice piece....truth is i feel as if you were writing about me (feel like you saw what i am going thru)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

And the great poetry continues as well. I really enjoy this piece. I hope I mention already that your poetry is short, sweet but yet very powerful. This is Broadway material here. You could sell this poem by itself to some writer who would use it like a script. Anytime you want to send me request please do. I really enjoy your work.

so, I guess it comes down to me
settling for what is ~~~
and being grateful that "we" are
at all.

With lines like this how can I not be a fan? Great job on this piece. The scale is not high enough.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like a longing for more than friendship, afraid that if you cross that line the friendship may disappear. Best to just keep the friendship if the love is meant to be it will find it's way, it always does. P.W.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a wonderful and emotional write...Kim

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i can relate to this poem. each word, a longing, a wish. for someone to be someone they aren't, for a relationship to be something more than it is. but deep down, you know it can't be the way you want it to be, (it never is). a deep emotional piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like you may be describing a one-sided or half-love here, of which there are a great many. To love, even when it doesn't work out is better then not to. If I have read this correctly! I see you say friendship, but it has that feeling of wistfulness that suggests there was more to it than that. the poem is very wise and touching in the gentle acceptance of reality.



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I wish you didn't have to settle, sounds like a hope you have and will never get, but friendship can be wonderful too. great write, been there myself..lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem kind of says how i feel about a past relationship that failed. Thanks for putting it into worlds.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

beautiful!
I can relate to that!!! :) and we can neve "change others " or they will not be themselves anymore but another person and i suppose we wouldn't like them so much!!! And we can't "change" ourselves as others would like us to be, or we might loose ourselves and them no one could love us but some mask we wear!!! So we "dream and wish for more"!!!! And that is good!!! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

733 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 2, 2008
Last Updated on July 14, 2008

Author

 Bear
Bear

Newark, OH



About
Born on April Fool's Day and I'm left handed to boot. Enjoy the outdoors, feed the birds and squirrels, and really enjoy moon gazing on clear nights and even on cloudy nights I love seeing the moon m.. more..

Writing
BIG WHEEL BIG WHEEL

A Poem by Bear



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Do You Know Do You Know

A Poem by Bear