Angel's Rain

Angel's Rain

A Poem by Becca Bishop
"

I think rain is something we all share an interest in. Not only because of the petrichor but also because there's something unspeakably magical about it.

"

I thought I heard the moaning wind

From the quiet where I lay

I thought I heard the crying storm,

Alone that darkened day.

 

I thought as murderous clouds appeared

Too late to run away

And then as bristling howl began

I couldn’t help but stay.

 

If falling rain is angels’ tears

And snow the angels’ dreams

Then what could the unearthly storms

To heaven’s angels mean?

 

I thought I heard the tired wind

From where I sat alone

Perhaps the anger from above

Or something else unknown.

 

I thought as vibrant purple hues

Pushed the storm away

Why the glowing angel’s tears

Had bathed the world today.

 

If anger yields the darkest thoughts

And sorrow brings on pain

For what reason then did angels weep,

And call upon the rain?

© 2012 Becca Bishop


Author's Note

Becca Bishop
So when I was in fourth grade, my teacher told me I couldn't rhyme worth beans and to stick with a more mathematical career in the future. Alright, so I'm aware that "Crater Lake" doesn't exactly rhyme with "climbing a gate" but I was eight for goodness sake! Is my rhyming really that bad? Are there any pointers you'd be willing to give on how to get the perfect rhyme? Yes? Yes?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very creative!! I love this! There are so many, i guess myths that involve why rain falls or what makes the snow fall and i really love what you did here. It always gets my mind in a rush to discover more imaginative proposals about the weather.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

Wow, thank you!!! I've always loved thinking about the rain as the tears of angels but then one day .. read more
Brielle Cartny

11 Years Ago

You make me smile
Perfection is unattainable because of arbitrary precision. As you allude to in this poem, there is only one thing that is perfect and it is unknowable. As to the wonderfully wrought sights and sounds that set the stage for the story's questions, they let me into a very strange place. If you take each one of your "beautifully rhymed" quatrains and position them at the corners of a six sided star... for example, take the first three in order and place them at the top, bottom-left and bottom-right of the first triangle. Overlay the 2nd and place the 4th quatrain upper-left, the 5th at the upper-right corner and the 6th at the bottom corner... you have the Jewish Star of David. I'm not Jewish but I can never see this symbol and not think of the holocaust. Perhaps that is yet another reason why the angels wept? Who knows... it was just a thought. (No offense intended to anyone of any other religion or system of beliefs.) Well done, Becca.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

Aww, stop I'm blushing. Well I would be if I could. If we're all puzzle parts, then I call being the.. read more
Ufi Auttorri ~ UfoAuthor

11 Years Ago

Haa! DEAL! :D
Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

:D :D :D :D
Becca, this is a beautifully written work. I love your use of imagery and the depth of thought it provokes. I am sharing this with a friend who lost her husband. Tonight, Christmas eve, it snowed and I wanted to share the meaning of it as it related to angels tears. Your poem expresses everything I was thinking but couldn't put into words myself. Thank you so much for listening to the blessed gift you have been given and not your teacher.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

Aww :) Thank you so much!!! I'm so sorry about your friend and I hope she's holding up ok. It's real.. read more
Beautiful poem with great flow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much :) :) :)
Nice flow, good read. I feel that in order to have a good rhyming piece, you can''t force it. If you're stuck, take a break, let it stew for a bit, and come back to it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

Thank you!!! And thanks for the advice!!! I'm not sure if that'd work with me...I get stuck so often.. read more
Nice flow, nice poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

Thank you!!!!
I really liked this, first off. :) Second, I just recently adopted the rhyming style from free form... rant poetry. Needless to say I like this type a lot better! :P My secret weapon for when I can't rhyme worth a crap off the top of my head? Online thesaurus.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

Ranting's so fun!!!! Ok, yeah :P I'm glad you liked this!!! Thanks for reading and reviewing :D :D :.. read more
Sarahnade

11 Years Ago

Hahahaha! All good. :P And I think of it more as helping to expand my vocabulary :)
I don't give a rat's arse about rhyming, sorry, it's the sentiment in your words that always gets to me. Lovely, lovely piece.

"If falling rain is angels’ tears
And snow the angels’ dreams" What a satisfying melody!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Frieda P

11 Years Ago

haha, didn't have to be too too imaginative, and you made me laugh my own arse off! ;-)
Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

:P hope there's no permanent damage ;P ;P I always knew I was a dangerous person :D :D :D
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

No worries, the damage was there long before you! ;P
Becca Bishop, I keep reading some of your writings over and over without a reply.You honestly amaze me and I don't seem to be able to take the time to really write all the wonderful reasons why I love your writings.
I will try my best here someday soon. Till then I can only "Thank You"

You truly are a gifted writer.Your work is far above others.
You are a Leader among your piers.
When you are a star among your peers who are struggling to write and shine their light like you , You may be seen in their eyes as just another star in the night sky. But when you are an observer your Star shines like the brightest and biggest Star. Please Remember this and Remember who you are!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

If you don't stop leaving such sweet reviews I think I might cry myself to death!!! And that would b.. read more
Your Teacher should of stepped down that day. Someone needed to ask her how she ever got to be a teacher without doing her homework?
Your chosen words work very well together. she was just too lazy to see the creative twist and bend you have with words. It's evident to me she was looking for standard mundane rhymes and did not see your uniqueness.

I had a similar experience. I got an A- instead of my usual A+ all because He said my story had a jumpy rhythm to it. I explained that it was intentional of coarse. I was writing about my baby nephew who was keeping me nerved up and jumping around for him while doing my homework. Evidently he did not see my creativeness and accomplished goal to relate the mood of the poem. And I guess it didn't fit his soft melancholy of what he thought poetry should be or sound like. However, I am sure you will love knowing that I did get even. Consider the revenge was done and the curse the teachers had tried to put on us was futile.
The next assignment my teacher gave us was about having to write something that was a good complete how to instruction. like a recipe, or how to fix or make something. I chose "How to Butcher a Pig" I had my back to basic's book from readers digest as my guide and I got an A+ with notes added PHEW ! LMAO
He got the complete instructions from beginning to end. Little did he know how creative I could be LOL. He had to read it every bit every gross detail as I was of coarse graphic.
No fear Becca, your teacher was wrong! Your writing proves it! You do not have to be mundane. you can be you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

How to butcher a pig????!!! That, my friend, is genius. I wish I could've seen his face!!! Teachers .. read more
Cryingkate

11 Years Ago

:-) Thank You Becca Ps I told Gary about you and showed him some of your writing and he agreed and .. read more
Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

I'm not a pigeon!!! I'm more of a...scarlet macaw or something :P Thanks!!!!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

975 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 12, 2012
Last Updated on November 10, 2012
Tags: Rain, Storm, Angels

Author

Becca Bishop
Becca Bishop

A magical world where my toes all have little smiley faces on them , UT



About
I love to write. But then, I'd wager that most everyone does if you're on this site. Duh. Anyway, I love to read other people's writing. Once again, duh. Please refrain from sending me erotica or othe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..