A Girl, No fear

A Girl, No fear

A Story by dreamisnowhere
"

"For only she would know what happened this night."

"
Once upon a time,  on a hill where the sunset shone clearly over the horizon, was a simple girl. 
She was the definition of strong and bright. There she was, all alone. Rocking in her favorite chair welcoming the light. 
Listening to the birds sing and feeling the wind blow. So young and free but still troubled and trapped.

She smiled at the sight of birds soaring through the vast sky. 
Realizing she cannot do the same, she looked towards the sunset and closed her eyes.
She did not let anyone see the burden she felt inside. With a positive mind, she kept her head held high. 
Slowly standing up, she walked off the porch and headed toward the edge of the hill to come close to the sky.

As she looked down, past the horizon, she knew it was only a matter of time. 
One day she will be like the birds and do nothing but fly. 
Standing tall, with her chest feeling tight, she held back her tears and refused to cry. 
Once more, she closed her eyes. In a moment she knew she must try, she did the unthinkable and ran towards the sky. 

With one great leap, she flew so high. She flew like a bird and soured through the sky.
Opening her eyes, she knew this couldn't be right. She simply couldn't believe her eyes.
She was as light as a feather and flew so high. She could even see her village from the sky. 
Looking down at all her worries, she knew in her heart, the best thing to do was to forget the impossible and fly high. 

Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes, and away she went pushing herself into the clouds with all of her might. 
As she passed the clouds, she saw an unbelievable sight. The separation from the sunlight. All the glittering lights.
The stars shone bright like a million diamonds and tears filled her eyes. She wiped her eyes and understood.
The worries of the world were unseen and the beauty of the universe was clear. 

For once she went back, she knew she will survive. She was no longer filled with fear. 
She was no longer scared to go back. She did the unthinkable and made reality disappear.  
She no longer felt like life was breaking her down. She knew in her heart, there was no stopping her now. 
Leaving behind this beautiful sight, she flew back safely and ended the night. Landing softly, she walked toward her home.

Looking back at the sky, she stopped and laughed. For only she would know what happened this night.

© 2018 dreamisnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

..........................❤

Posted 4 Years Ago


Excellent story! Great use of language used! Cant wait to read more!

Posted 5 Years Ago


dreamisnowhere

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
I love this story, you use so much detail, I feel like I am there. This is excellent!

Posted 5 Years Ago


dreamisnowhere

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I am glad you enjoyed. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2018
Last Updated on July 10, 2018

Author

dreamisnowhere
dreamisnowhere

OH



About
As a writer, I write about real life situations and unrealistic situations (also known as fantasy). These writings are influenced by many different characters I have created and each writing concerns .. more..

Writing