Against the World

Against the World

A Story by dreamisnowhere
"

"Me against the corrupted rules, against the "normal" craving for money, and against what society says is okay but is unacceptable to God."

"
The value of human life is greater than anything I have ever known but still, there are some people in the world who would put money or fame above their humanity. They would sell their soul if it meant the validation of the world. They would give up a happy and humble life for a life full of worry and paranoia. If it means you are accepted by others and are labeled better than others, nothing else matters. Living a life where you seek the approval of everyone every day is pathetic and miserable. The life I live is humble and painful. However, life is painful either way. I do not have the kind of financial stability to spend $700 on shoes and live in a mansion but I would choose this humble way of life over a life of fame and fortune. 

The point of me saying this is not to look down on those who are wealthy, for they have a soul just as I do and their own reasons beyond my knowledge, but because I despise the ones who value money and social power over human lives. I was faced with an opportunity to become revered in others eyes. I wanted to be known for my talents and was offered the choice of a lifetime but because the price was my sanity and my soul, I did not hesitate to refuse. I know what fame does do to one's mind after tasting it just once. The feeling controls you. The world controls you. You are no longer allowed to live for yourself. Above all, you become hungry for more and would do anything to stop others from rising above you. Always desiring to stay on top, the lives of others become nothing to you, eventually causing your self-interests to be the only thing that fills your heart whether you know it or not. 

This does not happen to all of those that become famous but to those who lose their humanity due to arrogance and pride. If you are strong enough to control the urge for more, you are one of a kind, for the desire for more money pulls those who already have an abundance. For this reason, I am against the thought of normalizing the craving to be accepted by the world. I could not care less about what the world labels me as. At the end of the day, it is me against the world. Me against the corrupted rules, against the "normal" craving for money, and against what society says is okay but is unacceptable to God. If I am labeled the bad guy for doing what is right then I will gladly fight till the end proudly knowing that as long as I am doing right, I can persevere with a smile on my face.

© 2018 dreamisnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on July 13, 2018
Last Updated on July 15, 2018

Author

dreamisnowhere
dreamisnowhere

OH



About
As a writer, I write about real life situations and unrealistic situations (also known as fantasy). These writings are influenced by many different characters I have created and each writing concerns .. more..

Writing