Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Regan :)

I sat there on the ground for what seemed like the millionth time. My breath was slowly calming down as I figured out what I was going to do. But deep  down I knew what I was going to do. Survive. I just realized that is was very humid and hot and I was starting to sweat a little. My mouth was dry so I took a sip of my water. "There must be an end to this." I said out loud. But I knew that no one would hear me. I carefully packed all the stuff I had dumped out. I opened one of the small pouches and found a pack of matches. I slung the backpack on my back and stood up. Where was I going to go? I spun in circles a couple of times until I was dizzy. No sign of an opening to civilization. I took one step and a stick cracked under my foot. I jumped out of fright, but then realized that it was just a stick and began walking. I passed a lot of different types of trees that I couldnt name. I also passed berry bushes but I didn't want to take the chance. I was walking for an hour when i began to think I maybe was going to survive. I was wrong. Something wet fell from the sky and landed on my hand. I lifted it up. Something green trickled off of my hand. "ow!" I screeched. The green liquid left a path of red skin that burned. Another drop fell on my hand and the second it touched my hand my skin felt like it was on fire. I shook of the drop. I grasped my hand in pain. Then more and more green liquid fell out of the sky. I screamed in agonizing pain. My body wasn't responding to me. I was telling it to run but I couldn't move. Soon my whole arm was covered with the liquid drops. I tried to shake them off but they just soaked into my skin making the pain worse. I collapsed on the ground trying to cry but nothing came out. But then I heard my savior. The flowing water of a river. I opened my eyes to see the river about five yards away. I tried to get up but it didn't work. So I began to roll. The pain kept getting worse and worse every movement. But I finally made it to the river. I rolled right in. The cool flowing water made my burns feel refreshed. I breathed a sigh of relief. Another drop hit me in the forehead. I plunged my face in the water. My head was feeling better by the second. I slowly retreated my head from the water. I was sitting in the water for five minutes waiting to see if the rain had stopped. Luckily it did. There were a few green drops slowly deteriorating leaves around the river bank. It finally registered in my head what the green substance was. It was acid. Acid rain. But my gut told me that it hadn't been a regular kind of acid rain. No, this was man made. The people that sent me here had tried to kill me.



© 2012 Regan :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG. I SWEAR IF YOU DONT FINISH THIS IM GONNA KILL. :D

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Added on May 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 2, 2012


Author

Regan :)
Regan :)

Texas , Vancouver, Canada



About
I enjoy writing (of course), softball, hunting, and hanging out with my friends. more..

Writing