Breathless

Breathless

A Story by benjammingham
"

Thinking about the one you love in the middle of the night.

"
  Your eyes flutter open and you sit up. You lean over and flick on the flourescent glow of your bedside lamp. As you rub the sleep from your eyes, you heave a sigh. You simply can't stop thinking about her; so much so that she even creeps into your dreams. You smile at the tell-tale twinkle of your phone,which illuminates as you recieve a text. It's her. You snatch up your phone and think about the ironicness. 
"can't sleep...u awake?"
You run a hand through your hair and hope your parents aren't still awake.
"yeah wuts up?"
"miss u :("
"miss u 2...can't get u out of my head"
"u wanna vid chat on oovoo?"
You want to with all your heart, but are afraid your parents will catch you.
You decide that, despite communicting in less than whispers, seeing her is worth whatever trouble you could get in. So you log on and say
"sure"
There's a brief lag due to electronic slow-ness, but after a second or two, her beautiful, smiling face fills the screen. You are overwhelmed with emotion for a brief moment as she giggles.
You, however, just sit there-
Breathless
  

© 2012 benjammingham


Author's Note

benjammingham
I wrote this whole thing on a kindle people so cut me some slack.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice :). I liked the opening. I also liked the way it was very casual and down-to-earth vocabulary incorporated into the piece. The only suggestion I have is exchanging "ironicness" for "irony". It just sounds more educated and mature. Plus, i'm not sure if ironicness is a real word...nice job though :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 9, 2012
Last Updated on July 9, 2012
Tags: Love, Romance, Teens, Long-distance

Author

benjammingham
benjammingham

Clearwater, FL



About
Ok I will tell you some stuff....but dont go stalking me or anything....: My name is Ben I am Asian I am not from China I am from Vietnam I am fourteen and a freshman I love a girl I play piano.. more..

Writing
Next Next

A Story by benjammingham