Drops

Drops

A Story by ben

To his hands, he looks. And, like always, she is there, talking to him. Telling him where to look.
Outside of this, O’Malley is calling for cab service and in speaking quietly into the headset, one look to Lewis and he knows better to leave him alone. Carrying on in making sure arraignments met, O’Malley follows up with speaking to a staff member employed at the Evergreen Inn. Ending the conversation, he sees that Lewis is still busy looking at something he cannot see. Thinking the man beyond his world, he leaves him be.

Within walking distance of the café, their cab ride to the Inn, is short lived. Checked in to separate rooms, both meet up shortly, and walk on over.
Inside the café, there are a few patrons that are either sipping coffee or dragging a fork along. At any rate, the scent of it all, has both ordering. During their wait, O’Malley turns to Lewis. “You alright?” He gets it. “Yeah. I’m good. Hungry though.”
Interrupting their flow of words, is plates of steaming food set before each of them. Cooling off his pile of spuds with a douse of ketchup and a heavy sprinkle of pepper, he goes to town on the eggs over easy.
Ticket paid, tip under the coffee cup, the two make their way outdoors.
Rosewood is awake with its passerby’s going about their business. “Where to,” O’Malley asks.
“How about we pay a visit to the Chief of police.” “Hold on.” He waits as O’Malley does his thing. Within minutes, comes their ride.
He is mean looking. Sour in sitting behind that desk. With nothing to bask in, comes the sharp term. “Heard about you.”
There is no love felt in the man’s words. 

© 2018 ben


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Creatively structured.

Good read and wonderful write.

With love,

Matthew

Posted 5 Months Ago


Such poetic prose; I like the character names and the imagery is haunting yet oddly comfy and familiar. Nice work.

Posted 2 Years Ago


ben

2 Years Ago

appreciate you.
Alira

2 Years Ago

Np, keep up the awesome work, man
i really enjoyed your write.

Posted 2 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rye
very cleverly written, very descriptive. Like the imagery.
Nicely done

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

617 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 24, 2018
Last Updated on June 24, 2018

Author

ben
ben

Writing
unknown unknown

A Story by ben


unknown unknown

A Story by ben


unknown unknown

A Story by ben



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..