TOXIC DRUG : LOVE

TOXIC DRUG : LOVE

A Poem by BIIKAY
"

Just thinking about how people take love for granted and treat eachother so bad.

"

 

Love is like a toxic drug

 

Its alot more harmful then the flu bug

 

It can run through you faster then the thinnest blood that runs through in your viens

 

Whether you want it to or not sometimes you dont get to control the reins

 

You cant live with it, nor with out it

 

You can keep quiet or you can shout it

 

Either way everyone gets some type of love in their life

 

Some people just choose to stab others in the heart with a knife

 

Little do they know the purest love is through a hug

 

But continue to treat love like a toxic drug

 

BIIKAY-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2012 BIIKAY


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Was just getting ready to call it a night before I noticed you posted another poem lol I like how this shifts back and forth between the notion of love as something you can and can't control...unfortunately many of the controllers don't know their own strength, and those that do, misuse it...you also have a great sense of rhyme :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like the logic in the poem. Must be careful with the gift of love. Some people will take and run. I like the use of the words "Toxic love". Gave reason and purpose to the poem. Thank you for sharing the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like how you show the turmoil of love. It's so strange how beautiful love is, but conversely how tragic it can feel. It's such a roller coaster. When all we honestly ask for is the purity of love, we end up with some kind of mess at some point. At times I wish we could shut off our minds when something is just right, so we have no chance of screwing it up. Thank you, Keep smiling

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yay! I like the rhyming that you did and the facts that you shared about what love can do. ^^ Great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


@ PARANOIDSCHIZO-- LOL I just started writing again so I feel like I can only do short and sweet until I touch up on my skills but I will take ur request into concideration!!! at some point I will reveiw and revise all my poems. thanks for the support! love ur screen name..PRETTY COOL!

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Either way everyone gets some type of love in their life"

Ha! And mine's with a video game character xD


I really like the rhyme in this and I wish it was somehow...longer?
Its really good thouh either way ^-^

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

@ random writings - awww thank you!! yea I only experienced one toxic love chapter and that was enough for me.It took awhile but I found what Im worth in this life. you said its choppy? ok ok I see it. I am hoping that as I go along I will smooth out my writings..I havnt wrote in a while so trying to get back in the swing of it. I have read a few of your peices and they are AWSOMELY AMAZING! I love reading everyones talent!! :)))

Posted 11 Years Ago


I second what John said below and your second to last line "little do they know the purest love is through a hug"
Love can be toxic, it can be oil and water, it can burn you and light you on fire. Some choose to stay in a toxic relationship, because they know no other love. I have been a victim myself. Yet when you find the purest of love, you never want to let it go.
The rhythm in the piece is good, and good at getting your point across. My only suggestion would be to make it a little less choppy. But other than that, it is very well written. I can relate to this piece and I am glad you have put it out there. Many people are afraid to see what is in front of them as realize they are worth more than "a knife in the back"
Well written my friend!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like ur style of writing, it def seems like u write from all sides and perspectives

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

@ John --AWWW Thank youuu!!! I need hugs lol that means alot when you said you like it very much. how cool!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Simple in its format,a little rough round its edges. However it left me with a glow inside and its a poem I like very much.

Little do they know the purest love is through a hug.

((((((hugs))))))) Biikay

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2012
Last Updated on August 29, 2012

Author

BIIKAY
BIIKAY

NORTHROYALTON, OH



About
Hey guys Im Bethany and I love to get lost in my own crazy thoughts. I love writing and I enjoy reading others work too.I'm here to enjoy I refuse to correct or critique. I will only say good things. .. more..

Writing
Mascra tears Mascra tears

A Poem by BIIKAY



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..