Soul Mate: What is perfect?

Soul Mate: What is perfect?

A Story by Biata
"

"What is love? And what the hell is perfection? And why do we even use it? And why does it cause so much pain?" I received this question from a good friend of mine, and decided to take my spin on it.

"

Think about it like this, if just for a moment:

The word ‘perfect’ was most likely created to describe an object or scenery.

Maybe even a feeling someone gave another.

It was most likely derived from another word from another language and somehow ended up morphing itself into the definition of what it is today.

 

Now I haven’t looked this up. I honestly have no background information on this matter literally whatsoever.

Truthfully, I’m just a random writer who had this idea pop to life in the back  crevices of my brain and decided to share it upon you in the ignorance I’m ultimately feeling right now.

 

Now let’s continue, shall we? On with this damned scenario of the ignoramous who will probably be far proved wrong. I’m okay with this. Let’s just continue.

So this word ‘perfect ‘could and, in our little hypothetical scenario, is being used by many to describe objects and things, scenery and feelings.

 

And then someone falls in love.

Whoa now, here we go. Time to roll the eyes to the ------ that fell in love, right?

But I’m being honest right? We all know what love is one way or another? Even if we’ve never been in it we know what it entitles? We all can relate.

Whether it be man or woman, with man or woman.

Someone falls in love.

And automatically they assume this would be the next best word to use to describe their lover.

You’re perfect. You’re perfection.

Wrings nicely off of the tongue, right?  Yeah, I thought so too. And so this woman or man that heard this was so ultimately flattered they told their friends.

 

But you see, human jealousy is a common thing. It’s in our nature. It’s what we do. No need to be so ashamed, alright?

And so another human being, who may or may not have had feelings for the original first half of that ‘perfect’ couple, is feeling a rather sultry feeling.

She or he is saying, ‘Why are they perfect? What exactly is so perfect about them at all?”

“I don’t even see anything that great about her or him. I have a better nose. A better body. A better sense of style. Hell, my personality is better than that low life wretched --"

 

And we’re moving on. I think it’s safe to assume the rest of the cancerous thoughts that are building up within that one’s brain are very real to us all.

Now let’s take another step back. Before we start going into ‘stealing lovers away, whoring yourself, oh she’s an evil with and he’s a player. You never loved me. What even IS love?’

Let’s just take three gigantic steps away, alright?

Let’s get into that all on another day. Haley can only take so much.

 

What my main point is, is this:

When you read the above accusations of hate, if you are containing somewhat a conscience at all, at least a part of you felt guilt. At first you weren’t sure why. You were hoping you could be classified as the two wholesome individuals in the top beginning portion of this little hypothetical situation and that you would remain innocent? Trust me, I get it. I do.

 

But somewhere along the way your brain automatically adjusted itself to what you did when you became jealous of another ‘perfect’ person. Of the lies or rather truths you said about them in order to make yourself feel better about the jealousy that had built.

And it sucks, doesn’t it? It sucks badly, man. And part of you is still reluctantly feeling those feelings towards that person. And then you start to realize you always will and you’re ready to take rusted spoon handles to your eye sockets and "

 

Trust me, I understand. I’ve done it too. Just as we all have. We all relate, yet once more.

 

The truth is, none of us are truly perfect.

 

My teeth are fucked and my hair gets way too greasy too early. I have scars coating my body and still battle daily with bodily image compared to other girls I think are beautiful. Sometimes I think my forehead is too big for my face and I really hate my complexion, but guess what?

I’m perfect to someone out there, and that someone is going to be my soul mate. And hopefully the person I’ll marry one day.

 

But you know what the best part is? I’m not the only one that gets a someone.

Everyone does.

And that means, that you are perfect as well. You have to stay alive and well in order for your soul mate to survive, do you hear me? You have a soul mate. Whether they live across the sea or in a van down by the lake.

And they’re waiting for you.

God they’re feeling the same damn things you are. Because they’re your soul mate people. They’re your other half. They know you, just as they know themselves. And you’re supposed to eventually show them their other pieces while they show you yours. That’s the beauty of two intertwined and separated souls.

They’re always waiting for you.

 

But it’s not always going to be easy. And you have to be waiting for them too.

 

Don’t let your perfection slip away from your hands.

You’re all you two have left in this world.

The truth dwindles down to, if you were not someone else’s perfection then they simply are not yours.

But to everyone, there is at least one living being that is perfection.

And that, my friends, is your soul mate. That my friends, is perfection in itself.

© 2013 Biata


Author's Note

Biata
Truthfully, I don't know what to classify this as.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

the soul mate............
only those with living souls shall find..............

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Added on January 20, 2013
Last Updated on January 20, 2013
Tags: Soul mate, love, enlightenment

Author

Biata
Biata

About
I go by too many names I was not born into, and I write too many self enlightening stories that eat at my already far too rotten brain. more..

Writing
Darkness. Darkness.

A Poem by Biata