10 minutes away from the Sun

10 minutes away from the Sun

A Story by LadySoDivine
"

In those brief moments, when even the supernatural and immortal beings show emotion, it seems as if the Sun will burn out the sky. So when this vampire shows longing and love, a fire erupts.

"
"Please... Please don't!" A man screamed out in terror.

"Sorry, mate. A man's gotta eat," came a cold, emotionless response.

The thing that was heard were screams, then silence and, after a few moments, some sort of liquid dripping.
To anyone watching from outside the dark alley that this has happened in, the only thing that people could see were shadowy figures.

What they couldn't see was the horrific crime that occurred in a matter of 10 seconds.

The tall, pale man stood up and straightened his back as he wiped the blood dripping from his chin. He looked carelessly at the lifeless, and now bloodless, body on the ground in front of him.

"Don't take it personal. Although, I really didn't like your face," he said to the corpse casually and then walked out into the street.

The street itself was barely lit, with only one street light actually working, making the place look like a ghost town. The only thing that was giving some light was the full moon, shining in the night sky.

The man walked with his hands in his pockets and stopped right under the only working street light. He took out a pack and a lighter and brought the cigarette to his lips, lighting it swiftly. He took a deep breath and the wrapping of the cigarette seemed as if it blended in with his white face. He was tall and he wore a black, biker leather jacket, black baggy jeans and black Dr. Marten boots. All the blackness in his attire made his pale skin stick out like a sore thumb. He had short dark brown hair, a short seemingly messy beard and brown eyes.

"Damn... I hate this bloody place," he took another angry breath out of his cigarette and then started walking down the street.

His walk seemed angry, rebellious and rather unorganized - much like everything else about him. The farther down the street he went, the more his mind started wandering.

F**k... Everything here reminds me of her...

As he looked around, he didn't even seem to notice the seemingly abandoned buildings, the darkness that practically pulled him in, the remains of people drained of their life... All he saw was the silver moon, as full as the night they met.

His thoughts were focused on a woman who was much like him, but also very different. She had pale skin and dark eyes, just like him. She wore black attire all of her lifeless "life", just like him. She had those rather gruesome habits, just like him. But on the other side, she was graceful, poised, silent but her words always meaningful. Also, her kills were swift, painless and not at all messy. Completely unlike him.

But then again... That's why he was so interested in her.

She was everything that he couldn't be. And that always fueled his desire.

He gazed up at the sky once again.

It can't be... It's not time yet.

The sky near the horizon was already turning to a lighter blue and slightly pink. He looked at the big clock a few feet away from him.

5 minutes until dawn.

Damn... And I'm only halfway through my smoke. Well, better find shelter quick.

He quickly tried breaking into a few buildings, but all the doors had silver locks on the and the windows were barricaded. He started to panic. There was no time.

Only 4 minutes left.

He started running down the street, trying to out race the nearing Sun. He was close to a shelter with blackened windows.

There's my place.

And then... He stopped. Not moving an inch.

There was someone just a few feet in front of him. It was too dark, he couldn't see the face. But he saw the flash of red hair and white fangs and he knew.

It's her...

Suddenly, he got that old feeling back in his chest. Like he couldn't catch his breath. He wanted to do something. He felt so angry and enraged, he wanted to attack her. To claw her eyes out and slit her throat open. To spill the blood she contains in her body all over the darkened streets and smear the red substance all over the walls and windows as a sign of his victory.

But he couldn't do it.

There was something else.

His usually cold eyes shone with pain, betrayal and longing. He wanted to run to her. To tell her how hurt he is and how much he misses her. He wanted her to give him some reaction, something, anything. To tell him that he wasn't just a plaything to her, that he wasn't just her "hunt-buddy".

That they were more than that.

But he should have known better. He shouldn't have expected an emotional, human reaction from and emotionless... creature. All that was in her mind was the hunt and survival. She was a beast. A killer.

But he still thought she would be different with him. That he was an exception.

However, with their kind, there are no exceptions.

The young looking woman stared him right in the eye, cold as ice. It seemed to him that she would suck his soul out... If he had one. Then she unexpectedly started walking in his direction. He flinched noticeably and he didn't know what to expect. Would she attack him? Would she yell at him? Would she punch him, like she often used to? Or would she react the way he wanted her to?

He couldn't take it anymore. Her slow pace was driving him insane.

But she was getting closer. She was a mere inch away from him.

And then... She walked right past him. She didn't even give him a glance. Some sort of recognition.

Nothing.

As if they were nothing but strangers. He could hear her footsteps die away in the distance. And with that, something broke inside him. He didn't feel pain, anger, sadness, no... He felt empty.

He simply fell on his knees slowly and his body hit the cold, hard ground. His lifeless eyes stared blankly into the sky that was getting brighter by the second. The remains of his cigarette still barely burning between his fingers as the first rays of Sun hit his bare skin.

© 2013 LadySoDivine


Author's Note

LadySoDivine
A little bit of a cliche, but I set my mind to it and it had to be written.
Inspired by:
1) the song "Closer" from Kings of Leon
2) the character of Spike from "Buffy the vampire slayer"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very good story. You held my attention to the surprise ending. I like the thoughts of the vampire. I like the use of time. The ending was very good. At least he got to smoke the cigarette. Thank you for sharing the excellent tale.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Niiestpr'really cAght my attention. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

*nice story! really caught my attention. Stupid iPad...
LadySoDivine

10 Years Ago

It's okay, don't worry xD Thank you very much ^^
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Of course!
I really enjoyed reading this little story :3 . The ending wasn't what I expected and was surely better anyway :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good story. You held my attention to the surprise ending. I like the thoughts of the vampire. I like the use of time. The ending was very good. At least he got to smoke the cigarette. Thank you for sharing the excellent tale.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very cool, I liked this. (I told you I would read it). You have done a materful job of designng and portraying your charaters. Very nice done my friend. I just sent you an RR for my story, Red. You might like it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LadySoDivine

11 Years Ago

Hahaha I knew you would read it Jack, I have no doubts in you :P Thank you very much :) I'll make su.. read more
O.O
I like it! It's very well written for someone of 16. Will there be more? I feel sorry for him and that's hard to do for me lol. Well Done though, it was really interesting and had me wondering... I'd love to read some more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

-Serizawa-H

11 Years Ago

You're welcome. I like both ideas >.<
You should keep writing and anything else you've got I'.. read more
LadySoDivine

11 Years Ago

Awww thank you :3 I'll make sure to read your work as well ^^
-Serizawa-H

11 Years Ago

Well mine aren't nearly as good, but thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

460 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2013
Last Updated on June 3, 2013

Author

LadySoDivine
LadySoDivine

About
Hi there. :) I'm an 18-year-old girl and I simply love to write. I made an account here to hear some objective opinions on my writing and to share my thoughts with fellow writers of the world. I am a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Brothers Brothers

A Story by Dark Rider