Labyrinth

Labyrinth

A Poem by Bhavya Kaushik
"

Tetractys, A Tetractys is an age-old English form of writing poetry which was created by the late English poet Ray Stebbings. It is basically a five-line poem of 20 syllables with a title.

"

Labyrinth (Mirror Tetractys)

 

 

 

Love,

You left

Without me

To the unknown.

Leaving me behind in an obscure town!

 

Here I’m haunted by daemons of our past.

So…come back soon.

Stop me to

Become

-Me.




© 2012 Bhavya Kaushik


Author's Note

Bhavya Kaushik
Tetractys is an age-old English form of writing poetry which was created by the late English poet Ray Stebbings. It is basically a five-line poem of 20 syllables with a title, arranged in the following order: 1,2,3,4,10.
Whereas, a Mirror Tetractys is a form with two 5-line stanzas consisting of a simple Tetractys followed by a reverse Tetractys. Thus, it should have a syllabus count of: 1-2-3-4-10 : 10-4-3-2-1 :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I kinda see form as a restriction that one can set themselves. It means it's easier to fail, but when successful can be all the more impressive according to a specific standard (easily comparable etc.) I think you've done very well, I look forward to reading more of you, and perhaps to learn more about form through your skill.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Bhavya Kaushik

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sid
Amazing write...Despite adhering to a rather demanding and constraining form, your words flow beautifully. To be able to express so much in such a constrained style is truly genius. Amazing write!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Bhavya Kaushik

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
I kinda see form as a restriction that one can set themselves. It means it's easier to fail, but when successful can be all the more impressive according to a specific standard (easily comparable etc.) I think you've done very well, I look forward to reading more of you, and perhaps to learn more about form through your skill.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Bhavya Kaushik

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Another wonderful piece by you Bhavya.

Regards
Prodical


Posted 11 Years Ago


well its difficult to express what you wish to when adhering to a particular style....but your words seemed unrestrained....flowed effortlessly as if in sync....coming to the write , the last lines were just fascinating "stop me to become me"-gosh it could mean so many things~maybe returning to your past, turning into someone you dont want to but cant avoid etc etc.but the best things in poetry comes under wraps....beauty!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bhavya Kaushik

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the beautiful review. Appreciate your time and words a lot :)
Arielle Ann

11 Years Ago

always welcome :)
i personally feel that adhering to a particular form does curb the way one wants to express.. but you did it well here !

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Bhavya Kaushik

11 Years Ago

Thanks man! :)
Good write...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really amazing

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3798 Views
52 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 1, 2012
Last Updated on June 1, 2012

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing