Shall We Dance

Shall We Dance

A Story by Mirza Mehak
"

What power a pen has on a writer! its a love affair beyond reason.

"

That same urge to write again. 

No words, no story, no poetry, no point. Just the urge to write. 

To feel the slight shaking of the spine of my pen as it rests in the curved seat made by my thumb and pointer. Like a lover resting in the curve of an arm. The urge to feel the power on the edge of three finger tips that controls what can be said by the mighty nib. Urge to bear the impatience of an angry, restless hand that the mind refuses to co-operate with and makes it wait an endless second before revealing that right word. Urge to feel the pain in the wrist that fails to stop the admirable passion just like a mother continuing to swing her child to sleep in numbing, paining arms. 


That same urge yet again made me walk to the rack of my many half filled diaries and notebooks. I pulled out the orange one with an urgency of a friend who pulls you aside to share a secret. I tried looking for my favorite pen but failing picked up the second best, only to find my first choice resting between the pages of the diary, maybe waiting to dance with me since a long long time. 


With heartless passion I abandoned the pen I already held and picked up my favorite pen. But it screeched dry at the first hello. I shook it with a plea to bleed like one pumps the heart of a dying counter part but it simply refused to revive. I lay it down to rest in peace. 


And now I wonder
Does a pen have a heart? Will the one I just abandoned few minutes back, still agree to dance if i ask?

© 2015 Mirza Mehak


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very descriptive dance with an urge whose muse refuses to play with. This is beautiful writing, Mirza and something I can (and perhaps hundreds of us) relate to. I have many partial writes, sitting along shelves, hiding in drawers, laying on the desk, peeping around the spines of journals... you have captured perfectly the passion of an urge, the laziness of the muse and the power of a pen. Well-done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mirza Mehak

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your reviews. no better encouragement than these. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Added on May 3, 2015
Last Updated on May 3, 2015

Author

Mirza Mehak
Mirza Mehak

mumbai, maharashtra, India



About
SIMPLE. POETIC. ROMANTIC. SURVIVOR. more..

Writing
Mixed Compassion Mixed Compassion

A Screenplay by Mirza Mehak