WHOSE TURN IS IT?

WHOSE TURN IS IT?

A Story by Mirza Mehak

. The Dealer shuffles the deck and each player is allotted his fate, face down. Seeing your cards you can only slightly judge whether you are going to sustain in the game or not but can never be absolute sure of a win. Your win depends on more aspects than just your cards and your expertise. Others around you have as much control on it as you do, or maybe more. All try to play their cards best as per their judgement and finally only one wins or it is a draw. But the game isn't over. A new hand is dealt and you get another chance and then another.

The same standard deck of cards. But innumerable probabilities and combinations of what fate each player receives for that one game. The mystery of it all keeps us going. Winning gives a high but hoping to win next time is more addictive.
No one wants to stop.

But in all this action there are some who go unnoticed. The ones who at the first sight of their cards know it for sure that they have no chance to even play one round of this game. The ones to silently say 'pack'.

No one misses them. No one has the time to make them feel a part of the game. They packed, they are forgotten. Their skills are questioned, their fate is acquitted.

Here's to all those who have no choice but to pack. The players won't understand you. The Dealer seems a bitter foe.

But please! wait for just one more game. Please don't leave the table as yet.

‪#‎savethesuicidal‬

© 2016 Mirza Mehak


Author's Note

Mirza Mehak
do you agree? life is a game of cards!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on February 14, 2016
Last Updated on February 14, 2016
Tags: suicide, life, game, gamble

Author

Mirza Mehak
Mirza Mehak

mumbai, maharashtra, India



About
SIMPLE. POETIC. ROMANTIC. SURVIVOR. more..

Writing
Mixed Compassion Mixed Compassion

A Screenplay by Mirza Mehak