Preface

Preface

A Chapter by B.Rose

For twenty-two years, I have simply existed. Through time, I have experienced heartbreaks, failures, tough love from fate, and what I would consider, the unimaginable. I have seen my peers, colleagues, friends, and family members go through their own trials and tribulations with much angst and suffering with no alternate route towards happiness. Or so it seemed. And for as long as I can remember, I have always challenged the ways of life. My curiosity would keep prompting the same questions. Who am I? What is my purpose? Why do I exist? Can life be different? Can I truly be and stay happy? I longed for internal peace and clarity in my own identity. I felt lost and helpless, feeling like there was nothing else I could do but accept that life is the way it is.

One evening, I realized, sitting under a vast midnight sky, crying, choking on my own tears, that life will not change until I surrender to the journey ahead. I had to stop fighting against it. That is when life, suddenly, started working FOR me rather than against me. When I realized that I had the power to change the way I looked at life, the events that transpired afterwards were pleasantly surprisingly to my advantage. Every. Single. Time.

There is no way to avoid the discipline of life. There is no means by which fate can be "tricked," nor a cunning device by which the great cosmic plan can be evaded. Each life must meet its own troubles and difficulties: each soul must pass through its deep waters, every heart must encounter sorrow and grief. But none need be overwhelmed in the great conflicts of life, for one who has learned the great secret of their identity with the Universal Power, dwells in an impregnable city, built upon and into the rock of Truth, where the storms of life beat in vain. There is a power lying hidden in you, by the use of which you can rise to higher and better things. There is in you a greater Self, one that transcends the finite self from the conscious self. 

The purpose of this book is to help men and women bring their inward powers of mind and spirit into expression, wisely and in harmony with universal law; to build up character, and to find within themselves that wondrous Self, which is their real self, and which, when found, reveals to them that they have a higher purpose here on Earth.

While this book does not offer any vain promises of an easy life�"for, if this were possible, it would be the greatest of all disasters�"but rather endeavors to show how to become so strong that life looks almost easy by comparison (the life or fate does not change or become easier, but the individual alters and becomes stronger), yet, it does show the reader how to avoid making their life more difficult than it need be.

I hope that you can read what is in this book, analyze it, think deeply, and if you decide, take the course of action to change your life. It has changed mine and I know it will help you with yours too. With wisdom and much effort, anything is achievable, including your dreams. I promise. Let’s discover the power within you.



© 2020 B.Rose


Author's Note

B.Rose
This is the overall summary of the entire book broken down, what do you think of the structure and idea?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on June 29, 2020
Last Updated on June 29, 2020
Tags: power, motivation, inspiration, faith, belief, achievement, purpose


Author

B.Rose
B.Rose

Tampa



About
I am a new author focused on impacting audiences and transforming lives through my work. I am 22 years old, I grew up in Miami, studied Marketing and Psychology. I am from African and Hispanic descent.. more..

Writing