'JR': Number One

'JR': Number One

A Chapter by Kyari Hasutto

We hadn't really ever talked in the two months we had been Facebook friends, but over break, I messaged you over something trivial and something clicked. We've chatted/texted every day since. 
Here's where it gets weird.
Whovian? Check. Interested in linguistics? Check. Musical? Check. Nerd (the good kind)? Check. Sense of humor? Check. The not-required-but-certainly-a-bonus glasses? Check. Attractive? Check. Mormon? Check. Intelligent? Check.
Do I need to continue? Sufficeth to say, you're nearly perfect for me (not that I actually have a check list). 
And here's where it gets weirder.
You actually seem interested in me.
I can count on one hand the guys that I've noticed to be interested in me--and I'm not *that* oblivious. 
"Wonderful!" I'm sure you're thinking.
Until you realize how terrified I am.
I am genuinely scared--scared that you aren't being genuine, scared that I'm going to fall and get hurt, scared that I have no clue what I'm getting into, scared that it seems so right that something has to be wrong.
I don't want to be scared. I want to trust you, and trust that you really do mean what you say.
I don't want to get hurt--are you worth the risk I'd be taking?


© 2013 Kyari Hasutto


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on January 8, 2013
Last Updated on January 8, 2013

Notes to My Friends


Author

Kyari Hasutto
Kyari Hasutto

About
The most significant thing about me if that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also called Mormons). If you have a problem with that...well, you shouldn't. But it is a b.. more..

Writing