'Richard': Number One

'Richard': Number One

A Chapter by Kyari Hasutto

I asked you to prom last week, because I wanted to go, you were the only one who I would really want to go with (besides Tal, but that's a different story), and I knew you wouldn't ask me--dances aren't really your thing.

And you said yes.

But it wasn't the saying yes that I was so grateful for--not that I wasn't grateful for that, in fact, I totally respect guys more for asking girls...man was it nervewracking. It was something you said later.

A different friend of ours was talking about prom, and said he didn't know who would want to go with him, and how he planned on not going at all.

You turned to him, saying "Or your best friend will surprise you by asking you to prom."

I'm your best friend? Really? Do you realize how much that means to me? I have struggled for years with relationships, never being quite sure who my friends were. Thank you, Richard. Thank you for letting me know, maybe inadvertently, that you care.


© 2011 Kyari Hasutto


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
Added on March 13, 2011
Last Updated on September 17, 2011

Notes to My Friends


Author

Kyari Hasutto
Kyari Hasutto

About
The most significant thing about me if that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also called Mormons). If you have a problem with that...well, you shouldn't. But it is a b.. more..

Writing