'Richard': Number Two

'Richard': Number Two

A Chapter by Kyari Hasutto

(Guns vs. Butter is essentially a trust game. I played it today in my Human Geography class, though my teacher uses it for his economic class as well. People divide up into pairs, and sit back to back. They each have ten cards, one side of which has a picture of butter, the other has a picture of a tank--thus, Guns vs. Butter. Each player flips over their cards to the side they which. If they both manufacture butter (or the same number of guns), then they both get the same number of extra credit points. If one player manufactures two more guns than the other person, that player takes all of the other player's butter, earning up to 18 extra credit points.)

We partnered up almost instinctively, though I suppose that's helped by the fact that we tend to partner up, and we sit right next to each other. I wasn't sure how much I trust you, but I must have done so instinctively, because I always knew I was going to put down all butter. The first time--the practice time--you put down about half guns, while I had all butter, and I had my doubts. You said it was because you wanted to test me. Regardless, I did it the next time as well, and you responded--with all butter.

It seems so small, but I'm grateful for the act of trust, and the faith you placed in me. I'm also glad that you held up your side of the bargain, and believed me.


© 2011 Kyari Hasutto


Author's Note

Kyari Hasutto
Wow...my explanation was longer than my note.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
Added on April 5, 2011
Last Updated on April 5, 2011

Notes to My Friends


Author

Kyari Hasutto
Kyari Hasutto

About
The most significant thing about me if that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also called Mormons). If you have a problem with that...well, you shouldn't. But it is a b.. more..

Writing