'Tal': Number Twenty-Six

'Tal': Number Twenty-Six

A Chapter by Kyari Hasutto

Twice in the past month I've talked to you, both times about an issue concerning you that had been bugging me. Both times I came about being the one chastised.

The first time I was addressing the fact that it felt like our friendship was one sided--that I cared more about you than you did about me. I came out of that believing that I was obviously caring for you too much, since you thought our friendship was just fine the way it was. The entire time you basically explained everything that was wrong about me that might be the reasons for me not having a best friend. Never mind that the best possible candidate was you and you've not reciprocated.

This second time was unexpected.
"Have you read that book I lent you yet?" I texted.
"No."
"...darn."
"Why?"
"I thought you'd like it and it's hard to tell when you haven't picked it up."
"Why are you mentioning it all of the sudden?"
"...I wanted to read it and realized I had lent it to you."

You then proceed to get on my case and tell me that it had sounded like I was accusing you and trying to make you feel guilty about not having read it. Then you try to teach me how to have tact, and how I should've approached the situation differently.

Tal, knock it off.

I'm sick of you telling me what I'm doing wrong, especially when it's related to something you do that's bugging me.

I want to have a decent friendship with you. Not one that's me trying to make it better and you telling me what isn't right. Trust me. I can tell what's wrong, too.


© 2012 Kyari Hasutto


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
Added on February 13, 2012
Last Updated on February 13, 2012

Notes to My Friends


Author

Kyari Hasutto
Kyari Hasutto

About
The most significant thing about me if that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also called Mormons). If you have a problem with that...well, you shouldn't. But it is a b.. more..

Writing