'Richard': Number Seven

'Richard': Number Seven

A Chapter by Kyari Hasutto

Everyone was fairly sure that you would ask her. In fact, it came down to a race to see who would ask her first--you or him. He won the race, got accepted...and then rejected by her.

I was in the middle. I knew I would have no date to prom--after the episode with WS, there was no reason to expect otherwise. I kept up communication between the three of you, and all of you wanted me to help solve the problem. Honestly, it killed me, and it got to the point where I had to become Switzerland or get mauled.

Thursday night we had a competition. I had promised her to find out your prom plans, trying to see if they were leaning more towards asking her, now that she wasn't going with him, or asking another friend of ours. Turns out, you took a third option.

You asked me.

It was so casual, so cavalier, that you were in the middle of it before I realized what was happening. "Are you asking me to prom?" I interjected. I never did give a straight answer...just assumed it was going to be yes.

It's just as friends, but that doesn't matter to me--I don't like you like that. But, Richard, do you realize how much it means to me that you cared enough to ask me?

I never expected you to ask me. I never planned on going to prom. You changed it all, just by being my friend.

Thank you.


© 2012 Kyari Hasutto


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 17, 2012

Notes to My Friends


Author

Kyari Hasutto
Kyari Hasutto

About
The most significant thing about me if that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also called Mormons). If you have a problem with that...well, you shouldn't. But it is a b.. more..

Writing