DEAR DADDY'S BOSS

DEAR DADDY'S BOSS

A Poem by Poeticme
"

A LETTER I WROTE FROM THE PROSPECTIVE OF A CHILD,I AM SURE THERE ARE ALOT OF MISSED MOMMY'S AND DADDY'S OUT THERE.AND THIS IS TO YOU........THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU GIVE AND GIVE UP,FOR OUR COUNTRY.

"

DEAR  DADDY'S BOSS

 

      CAN YOU BRING MY DADDY HOME,BECAUSE HE'S BEEN GONE FAR TOO LONG,AND MOMMY AND ME ARE ALL ALONE.WHY DID HE HAVE TO GO,AND WHY COULD'NT HE JUST STAY,YOU SENT HIM ACROSS THE OCEAN SO FAR AWAY.I MISS HIM AT NIGHT WHEN IT'S TIME FOR BED,AND I MISS HIM LAYING WITH ME AND RUBBING MY HEAD.

MY DADDY IS MY HERO,AND I MISS HIM SO,DON'T YOU THINK IT'S YOUR TURN,TO PACK UP AND GO.MY MOMMY CRIES ALOT,AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY,AND SHE SITS BY THE PHONE ALLNIGHT AND DAY.I DON'T HAVE MUCH,BUT YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL,IF YOU WOULD GET ON THE PHONE AND MAKE THE CALL.TELL MY DADDY ITS TIME TO COME BACK TO US,SO MOMMY CAN SMILE AGAIN AS SHE WALKS ME TO THE BUS.

I WILL TELL EVERYONE THAT YOU ARE THE BEST,IF YOU BRING MY DADDY HOME,SO HE CAN GET SOME REST.HE NEEDS TO BE HOME,SO HE CAN GO TO MY GAME,AND IF HE'S NOT HERE IN TIME,YOU WILL BE TO BLAME.

MY BIRTHDAY WAS LAST WEEK,AND MOMMY AND I MADE A CAKE,BUT,IT WAS NOT LIKE THAT ONE,MY DADDY USE TO MAKE.AND HE MISSED SCHOOL STARTING,AND I WAS SO AFRAID,BECAUSE HE ALWAYS WALKED ME TO MY NEW GRADE.

SO I WILL TELL MOMMY THERES NO NEED TO CRY ANYMORE,BECAUSE THAT MAN WHO LIVES IN THAT BIG WHITE HOUSE,IS BRINGING DADDY TO OUR DOOR.YOU CAN COME OVER,AND I WILL GIVE YOU A KISS,FOR BRINGING ME BACK MY DADDY,SO MY LIFE HE DON'T MISS.

 

 

             THANK YOU.

© 2017 Poeticme


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very poignant indeed. Brought tears to my eyes.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem.

Helena

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a very powerful message this was. Perhaps you should send it to that big white house or maybe to the newspaper in Washington or maybe to every newspaper. And maybe you should feature this poem. It has a very powerful message. Salute!

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
emz
Oh i loved this.. i cried while i read it, the innocence of children is so sweet.

wonderful write


x

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is really nice to read . I loved the rhyme scheme although the rhythm was only slightly off. No matter !!! Because it gives your poem the feel of a letter from a child which exactly what you were going for . Very nice work.

Mr. Lopez

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wonderfully penned. Good job. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think this should be forwarded to Bushco. Well done. Didn't even mind the rhyme scheme considering the message and the fact that it was supposed to be written as if a child did it. Brilliant and sad. Kudos to you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BRAVO, WONDERFUL, KUDDOS, BEAUTIFUL JOB, I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS. I LOVE HOW YOU WROTE IT FROM A CHILDS POINT OF VIEW AND JUST AS THEY WOULD TALK. I LOVE THAT YOU ARE HONORING ALL THOSE MOMMY'S AND DADDYS THAT NEED TO COME HOME, SAFELY, TO THEIR FAMILIES. A WONDERFUL, SUPER WRITE MY FRIEND. GOING IN FAVORITES. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THINKING OF SUCH A GREAT IDEA AND MAKING IT SO "JUST RIGHT" BIG SMILES ;)

Posted 15 Years Ago


what a beautiful poem, this was very touching, :-( I am sure many can relate, it does not matter how old you are, when you love young it's the same as how you love grown!! thank you for sharing this!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

790 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 6, 2008
Last Updated on March 13, 2017

Author

Poeticme
Poeticme

Katy, Tx, TX



About
I have been writing poetry for years,I have a great imagination,well as all knows that is a must for a poetic soul.My poetry comes from my heart,cannot help that fact.I am really starting to settle in.. more..

Writing
Passion Passion

A Poem by Poeticme



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..