The new kid

The new kid

A Chapter by Kayla W.
"

Cody and Zack meet in the lunch line. there is obviously an attraction between them, but Zack has a boyfriend.

"

     My name is Cody Jennings. I am 16 years old and I am in the 11th grade. I live with my mom and my brother. My dad died a year ago. My brother looks out for me the most. I’m usually a secretive person except for with Muffy and Buffy, my two best friends. They live down the street and they are the only ones that know I am gay. Well, that’s it for the introduction. Let me tell you about my day.

     I got into the lunch line. They put that s**t, they call food, on my tray and I went to pay for my lunch. I dug in my pocket and realized I forgot my money. Just to make sure I checked my back pockets too. Still nothing.

 

“Ms. Wallana, do you think I could pay for my lunch tomorrow?” I asked.

 

“No.” she said. “Either you pay or you don’t eat.”

 

“Come on. I never ask you for anything.”

 

“You don’t have to, it’s the law. If you have your money, that is.”

 

“I can pay for it.” Said some guy next to me with sky blue eyes and blonde hair. He handed her the money and winked at me. I stared him down for a few seconds because, well, I haven’t really seen him around. He must be new because someone as beautiful as him would not go unnoticed.

 

“You can go now.” he said. “Your lunch is paid for.”

 

“Sorry, thanks. What’s your name?”

 

“Zack Collins. I’m new here.”

 

“I thought so. I mean, that your new here and all…I think?”

He blushed a light shade of pink and said a quick “I get it.” I figured I was being embarrassing so I got my tray and walked to the table with Muffy and Buffy. They were both staring at me so I guessed they probably saw what just went down. Even though it wasn’t really anything, it was enough to make me blush.

 

“Who is that?” Asked Muffy

 

“His name is Zack. He’s the new kid.”

 

“How about you invite him over here.” Said Buffy.

 

“He’s really cute!” Said Muffy.

 

“What if he doesn’t want to sit over here?” I asked.

 

“That question is invalid because it looks like he’s headed this way right now.”

 

“Do you mind if I sit here?” He asked.

 

“No. Of course not.” Said Muffy.

 

     He sat down in front of me, but he didn’t really say anything. Actually, lunch was pretty quiet. The only thing that really happened was traded glances. Of course it was between me and him. I know this is gonna sound weird but, I’m not even sure if he’s gay. Every once in a while every guy gets flattered by another guy….right? It wasn’t long before the bell rang for us to go to our next class. No words were traded between me and him, we just got up and left.

     I went to my next class and sat in my usual seat. In the very back corner. That is the least place the teacher worries about. It was a substitute anyway. At the last minute, right before the final bell rang, Zack came stumbling in. He Sat beside me and gave me a small, quick wave. His cheeks automatically turned red.

 

“Your in my last class, I see.” he said.

 

“Yeah.” I said.

 

“Do you think you could show me what were suppose to be doing?”

 

“Umm, yeah.” I said, but I could not stop staring at his gorgeous face. I think he noticed because his cheeks turned from pink to red and a smile spread across his face. There is no way this guy is straight. He closed the book and out of nowhere broke the silence.

 

“Can I have your number?” he asked.

 

“Umm, sure.” I replied.

 

    I wrote it down and the bell to end the day rang. The whole class ran out the room as fast as they could. Except for me and Zack. He waited for my number and said a quiet “Seeya” before walking out. I was gonna wait for a while but once I saw his a*s, I had to follow him. Until we got outside, at least. I walked to my brother’s car and got in the back seat.

 

“What are you so smiley about?” He asked.

 

“I’m not smiley! I’m just, happy.”

 

“Same thing, doofus.”

 

“Who’s the doofus here? Me or you. Smiley means, smiling or often smiling. Happy means, feeling or showing pleasure.”

 

“Since when did you become a human dictionary?”

 

“Since last summer when I was grounded!” What happened last summer was a total disaster. I invited a few friends over but the they invited friends and this small party turned into an all out rave. By morning, everyone was gone. But the mess was not. Beer cans were on the floor and sofa. Used condoms were in the beds and in the couch cushions. Throw up and s**t was in an un flushed toilet. It was just a big, disgusting mess. My mom got home and saw what had happened. What a time to be sober. She grounded me for the whole summer. She took everything away except my dictionary, so that’s all I could do. Read the dictionary.

 

“Oh! I remember that. LOL.”

 

“F**k you!”

 

“Yeah, f**k you too, watch your mouth.”

 

     We didn’t go straight home. First we went to The Diner. It’s a hangout spot where most people our age are. He met up with his girlfriend and I was cued to go sit at different table. My mind wondered back to Zack. I wonder if he has a boyfriend. If he doesn’t, maybe we could go out some time. When that thought crossed my mind, Zack walked into the place.

 

“Hey! Over here!” I yelled at him.

 

“Hey.” he said while sitting down. I noticed another guy walk in behind him. He had brown hair and green eyes. I’m guessing that’s his boyfriend.

 

“Who is this?” I asked hoping he would just say a friend.

 

“This is my boyfriend, Tommy.” Zack looked me up and down. Although he wouldn’t look in my eyes. Kinda like he was ashamed or something. I wanted to assure him that it was fine even though I really wanted to be with him.

 

“It’s cool.” I lied. “I’m gay too.” That was the truth.

 

“So.” Tommy said. “Sweetheart are you ready to leave.”

 

“But he just got here!” He argued.

 

He whispered something in Zack’s ear and kissed his cheek.

 

“Sorry Cody. I’ll call you tomorrow.”

 

“Ok.” I said. Slightly disappointed.

     After Jimmy, my brother, got done talking to his girlfriend we went home. Mom was on the couch passed out. Which is nothing new. She’s been like that ever since dad died. There’s nothing I can really do about it. We’ve done all we could but it just won’t make a difference. I picked her up and carried her to her room. After an hour of a restless twists and turns, I finally went to sleep.



© 2010 Kayla W.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pretty interesting storyline, but this chapter is way too rushed. It's okay to take your time. For one, are Muffy and Buffy male or female? Are they twins? Are those nicknames? And I'd suggest not having a full-on description of Cody, like his age and grade and such. Just slip it into description along the way, like...."Being the sixteen year old boy I am, I couldn't help but tuck in a grin at the sight of Zack's a*s as he walked out of the lunch line." Or something subtle like that? Plus more detail wouldn't hurt. One last thing that bothered me is that the brother's dialogue contains "LOL". It doesn't seem appropriate out of a chat room. Other than that, it's a nice story so far.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 24, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010
Tags: gay, love, drunk, boyfriend, jealous, other


Author

Kayla W.
Kayla W.

Nashville, TN



About
HI everyone! My name is kayla. I like to write stories based on homosexuality even though i'm a girl. I don't think it really matters, but it's just a stereotype. My age is a secret because, people ac.. more..

Writing
I love You I love You

A Poem by Kayla W.


Why? Why?

A Poem by Kayla W.