Where are you going?

Where are you going?

A Poem by Cristina Iz

Where are you going?

By Cristina Iz

 

You ask where I come from I answer. I come from hard work and little play, from the sweat on my brow to make sure tomorrow is better than today,  I come from walking the walk not just talking the talk, from where you change all the no  and cants to yes and I will, I come from crying at night to smiling during the day, I come from a strong mind and a wounded heart, I come from where little have been, even fewer go, and even less return from. I come from a world of hard work and little play.

         You ask where I am going I answer.  To a place where all my hard work and little play accounts for days of relaxation and a whole lot of pay, to a place where I no longer need to sweat for a better tomorrow, I’m going to a place where you don’t hear no and you don’t hear you can’t but hear words of encouragement, I’m going to a place of no work and where my hard work becomes endless days of play.

© 2012 Cristina Iz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on November 9, 2012
Last Updated on November 9, 2012
Tags: destination

Author

Cristina Iz
Cristina Iz

North Miami, FL



About
I love to write I have been writing stories, poems, plays, since i was 7. Its a hobby turned passion. My real name isn't Cristina Iz or Bianca Dgaf as seen on my Facebook. Those are just names i use i.. more..

Writing
Chains Chains

A Poem by Cristina Iz


Nothing Nothing

A Story by Cristina Iz