Scenes..

Scenes..

A Story by Elizabeth Sellito
"

Just a little something I couldnt get out of my head...

"

Goosebumps rise on my arms, the hair on the back of my neck lifts just looking at him. Black hair, green eyes so piercing and beautiful, in a dark charcoal suit waiting for me on the dance floor. Looking around seeing my sister, the bride, smiling away on her wedding makes me smile. “She won't miss me” I think to myself, eyes drifting towards the reception room. Lights falling in a perfect cascade of waterfalls everywhere, the smell of lavender and vanilla in the room gives it a warm and appealing feel. Lifting my dress I make my way over to him. Samantha said this dress was made for me. Chiffon, flowing around my legs coming down from the bodice, the sweetheart bust, the color of red, so alluring. Looking into his eyes, I feel like I’m in a trance, HE is the only thing that matters.


 Seeing his grin as I walk towards him warms my insides, but leaves my body cold. It isn't cold in the reception hall, not with all the lights and candles. “Carrot cake” he says as I put my hand in his, “I've missed you”. “Highly” I murmur as we move onto the dance floor perfectly, his body molding into mine. “You weren't supposed to be here, and if my sister catches you her day will be ruined. You know this, after everything that has happened how could you?” I say, turning my face into his neck, trying my hardest not to inhale his masculine sent. Cinnamon and wood, my favorite. “How could I not, this is the wedding everyone has been waiting for! Look at the beautiful brides now” he says as he angles us towards my sister and her new wife. She is magnificent, in white lace, natural make up, giving her a warm glow, and her hair falling in cascade of waves. Seeing my sisters dance with smiles, and laughs makes my heart hurt. Only if they knew the truth, knew the truth of everything. Then they wouldn't be smiling so much.


 As the song stops I try to untangle myself from him, looking around for my sisters. Breaking away from him, I spot her. “Sam” I call out. Walking towards her ignoring his calls for me. “What is he doing here Jess? Why him, why now?!” she says as she grabs my arms. I can tell she is furious by looking into her charcoal lined eyes. There are angry tears in her eyes, and accusations not spoken. “You know what he is to me, what he means to me. EVERYTHING” I say willing her to understand with my eyes and body. She has to understand. “I know you don't remember how you were when he did that to you, but I do! I was the one to pick you up, give you a place, gave you my all, Now you show up here with him?” she yells. “I didn't let him explain, I jumped to conclusions, and left my husband over something I THOUGHT happened” I whisper painfully. My body instantly crumples with the memory of seeing him with her, in our house, in our living room. That night broke me, months of hiding, and trying to learn how to live.


 “I was pregnant Sam. I was pregnant the night I found them, and I ran. I ran away from my husband, I ran away from the life we were going to have all for a fake scene that I thought was real” I say turning away from her, looking for Alex. “Congrats, and have a happy life together, don't let something you see ruin your marriage” I say while walking towards my husband. “Take me home” I say while walking past him.


 Turning one last time, I look at my sister, and her bride, beautiful and angry. I see a big sister who has been there for me from the moment I was born, I see my best friend, and confidant. I look and see all the work my family has put into this wedding, from the lace and lights to the in scents to the wedding cake and chairs. Turning my head to the right I see all the couples dressed to the nines dancing, laughing being happy, in love. With one last look, I turn around to my husband. From his black hair, worried green eyes, his warm body and his love for me, I take a mental picture. The scene behind me? I don't want to remember. The man in front of me? I could never forget.

© 2013 Elizabeth Sellito


Author's Note

Elizabeth Sellito
Anything you feel like saying.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on April 24, 2013
Last Updated on April 24, 2013

Author

Elizabeth Sellito
Elizabeth Sellito

Atlanta, GA



About
Hi. My name is Liz. I always liked writing but was afraid of what people would think of mine.. When i write it's like a scene in my head.. It just plays over and over and I have to write it.. or type .. more..

Writing