Seeker of Truth, Chaser of Rainbows

Seeker of Truth, Chaser of Rainbows

A Poem by Brenda Sue

Who am I but a seeker of truth
Who am I but a chaser of rainbows;
Who am I but a lover of travel,
Both physical and of the mind -
It's not about the destination,
But wholly the journey!

Who am I but a  freak who appreciates beauty
Who am I but an explorer off the beaten path;
Who am I but a  lover of  new experiences
Adventures and creativity,
Who's always up for a good time
And a laughing jag,

Seeker of truth, chaser of rainbows.
My feet are firmly on the ground
I do what I say and say what I mean
I have the ability to be honest with myself,
 I'm always on the lookout for kindred spirits
Who share these same qualities.

Guided by the Spirit and the Light
When my time is up on planet earth I want no regrets
Nothing more than to say that I gave of myself
Heart and soul in everything I did,
That somehow it made a difference.
Seeker of truth, chaser of rainbows.

© 2008 Brenda Sue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the questing feel to this, but oddly I have never been taken with rainbows...dunno why. I like them but they have never bewitched me. But I DO like the idea of mind travel in the first verse. I am drawn to the notion of exploring off the beaten track and think the journey of the mind is the most fascinating we can make. Others might say the soul I suppose, but I am not religious. And I do like laughing jag and the word jag, though I'm not sure what it means! Sounds sharp! But you clearly mean it in a good way. The Irish 'crack' right? I will pay more attention to the next rainbow I see and see if i can write something about it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hello kindred spirit! Well put!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like the title .. and how you tell of how you are a seeker of truth and a chaser of rainbows.
Beautiful prose .. loved it , Brenda.

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a great mantra to live by. This is from your heart and who you are, it's so lovely! These days people almost have to apologize for having fun and being happy. Thank goodness there are those like you to be a ray of light! Your spirit shines and your writing makes me soar!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

More people should be this way. I admire any one that has the courage to make such statements of who you are and what you stand for. I being the slinger of truth and trying to spread self enlightenment to any who choose to listen find it very refreshing to see a bright light of hope in another such as yourself. I love your words and the wisdom that you share as it is the facts that you know and believe. I applaud you and this piece.


Well Done!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This tells so much about who you are. Your title is catchy and inviting: Seeker of truth, chaser of rainbows!
Thank you for sharing with us, Bren. Hope you don't mind me calling you that. I have another friend named Brenda and I always find myself call her, "Bren." Well done!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love this, I tell you what, I feel exactly the same..

This is an awesome poem =)

Thank you for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is fabulous, Brenda Sue. As an inspiring and uplifting piece, it did wonders for me.
Seeker of truth, chaser of rainbows.
My feet are firmly on the ground
I do what I say and say what I mean
I have the ability to be honest with myself,... this stanza really did it for me. Excellent!


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I loved the feel of this piece. What a wonderful heart you have. Rain..

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

It was great to get to know your quest from this poem.May you go places.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is so eloquent and strong. You write with such a force, you know who you are, your journey and you are at peace. That is a wonderful thing to see...so many have no idea and seem lost, but you are seeking truth and chasing rainbows. Loved those two lines...really magnificent strong, bold statements.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

658 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2008
Last Updated on February 19, 2008

Author

Brenda Sue
Brenda Sue

Chatsworth, GA



About
Rose Glitter Graphics Everyone has there own beliefs about what Heaven is, whether religiously, spiritually or just musically! (Led Zeppelin) The one thing I found in common with each person though .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..