The Silence is Broken

The Silence is Broken

A Poem by Brenda Sue
"

Another transatlantic collaboration by Phil Sanders and myself.

"

Last night I had a dream, that showed how we were a team.
How all through the years, our love gently appears.
Then the dream changed and everything was rearranged.
I awakened with a start, realizing how lonely life would be apart.
Our baby's paddling little feet made my wakening so sweet.

I sat quietly at home and knew I couldn't be alone
My life entwined with yours, such an unbreakable force
Your lips I need to kiss, I know how them I miss
To feel your tender touch, I need that oh so much
Remembering the past, we must make it last



I made his favorite meal, to show him our love was real.
He told me he was sorry he was late and I had to wait,
I took his hand in mine and we stepped back in time.
Back when our love was new, we knew actually what to do.
He asked me for a date, believing it is not too late,
Within this crazy life, we need to take time for husband and wife


A bunch of flowers I bought, with you my only thought,
She whispered in my ear, sweet words for only me to hear.
How did we drift apart? We must make that new start,
I know the depth of love, with power from above.
So listen to me please, my plea will you take heed.
As one we must remain, or I will go insane.

 


With this fast pace of life, we must be man and wife

© 2008 Brenda Sue


Author's Note

Brenda Sue
A kind of follow up to "The Agony of Silence"

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are so right...the pace of life is fast and people do drift apart so easily and then it is too late. I like the touch of the flowers. Such little gestures do count. But the first moments of love I do not think can ever be recaptured. There seems to be a certain point of life when a sadness clouds things forever more as people fade, lose vigour or get ill, jaded or bitter. I think friendship and trust replaces love, with luck, if anything does. And the next moment is the only one of any significance. The last line seems the most significant... both parts of it!

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is true we often get so tied up in our daily lives and forget to share with the one person who often feels the same way. Great job at expressing that.
Debby

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A sweet little ending to - The Agony of Silence - and one that shows the only way to mend these kind of broken fences is to talk it over and work together to make it right.

Even though things were jaded between you both, the love you felt for each other was strong enough to fight your way back to each other.

Well done

jen-JG

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely.
It's hard to keep a relationship going for a long time - people tend to change as life changes them, and drift away from one another.
If you don't care enough to try and keep up with your soul mate you might find yourself alone.
I guess that's why divorce rates are higher than ever.

A great collaboration, with great rhyming and flow.
Keep it up.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thanking you for writing this, it know that I have a lot to be thankful for. I have someone that is Friend, Lover, Wife and Mother to our three children.....thanking you again for reminding me!

bard

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this. The world is hectic and people often forget to appreciate the small things... How their significant other laughs at their silly jokes or even the way they smile. This poem reminds us that we must take the time to appreciate what we have before it's gone. I love that. I love how they go back and try to approach their love as they did when it was new. It can't truly be recaptured, but I believe the results of the effort are that much sweeter because they know each other and already are deeply in love. There is an added intimacy that was probably not there initially. I love how your poem captures all this. Very nicely done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is simply beautiful.
When a relationship first starts, its new and fresh and sweet.
Full of surprises and those afternoon trysts... ohhh la la! ~grin~
Marriage is a forging of lives, a blending, making two into one. Still separate, yet whole, more complete.
But time goes on. Careers, life, friends, children... ahhhhh... children. I remember every time I wanted to be intimate with my spouse, though we are no longer together, the babies always cried. Right then. Like clockwork. It would have been hilarious except for the desperation.
The thing is though, in all relationships, you have to remember that in the beginning it was just you two. In the end, its just you two. There are many things in between, but the remembering, the sweetness the laughter, its all in remembering. Thank you for making me remember.
Beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That is a beautiful testimony to love and companionship, hopefully for life. Well written!

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A touching poem and I like it's ability to stay down to earth while also rising above. Love is an ever-changing thing, as lust and some passion can be replaced by trust and friendship, as Mr Furioso says. I think sometimes we can drift apart if we don't acknowledge and embrace these changes. Love cannot be held still and evolves with every action between two people. The people in the relationship have to evolve too and although there may be times when they feel they are drifting apart hopefully the current will bring them together again if the foundations they have built are strong and out of healthy and true love. NH

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this so true...when does one know to realize when a once great love is slowly slipping away? life goes on quickly, the time slips by...children, every day routines, work...things change, people change.

it takes the realization that things are not the same and the willingness to do something about it, that will make it work. unfortunately, for me, it did not work out for the better.

good collaboration.

Amanda


btw....love your playlist! AT



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. It is all very true, isn't it? Even if 'this' isn't, it still is...well, you know what I mean! This colloboration of y'all two really lets a person see both sides and I like it. Please continue. Good job on the writing, too; ou caused a whole string of emotions to run through me. So, good job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

487 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 7, 2008

Author

Brenda Sue
Brenda Sue

Chatsworth, GA



About
Rose Glitter Graphics Everyone has there own beliefs about what Heaven is, whether religiously, spiritually or just musically! (Led Zeppelin) The one thing I found in common with each person though .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The "F" Word The "F" Word

A Story by Rain


The Brick'n The Brick'n

A Story by Rain


The Love Divide The Love Divide

A Poem by Bubo