You Came

You Came

A Poem by Belle

Your poetry came in to my soul

You came in to my heart

That is all I will ever remember

That is all I shall ever know for truth

Until I grow old,

Until I die.

© 2013 Belle


Author's Note

Belle

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem says a lot in very few words. One can read sentiments here that can be intensely personal and yet universal at the same time. One interpretation could be the one given by Horizon K. below. For me, the first two lines of the poem say everything really. John Keats wrote in his "Ode on a Grecian Urn", that
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all
Ye know on earth and all ye need to know".
And I think that applies here to. The beauty of poetry is what speaks to our soul. The beauty in fellow beings is what stays in our hearts. This isn't the superficial beauty of the words or the body, but a transcendental one that can communicate without any words being uttered. It is the beauty of that moment, that you will remember forever. And we all have such moments in life. An extremely elegant write. Wonderfully penned!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I imagine we on WC all share this feeling, of how we come to know and love the friends here through reading thier poetry. I wonder if I can feel this way for a poet whose work I have read extensively, yet will never "meet"? And knowing someone through thier poetry is quite on a different level from knowing someone from any other context, for whether thier poetry is about personal feelings or experiences or artful reexpressions of such, or whether observations outside of the self, we learn much about the workings of the heart and mind, the persons truth through thier poems... And when this is a reciprocal relationship, well, then... I guess that's why I'm still here...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautifully inspiring; you lift the heart and soul, showing us that one person can change our life forever.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A comforting peruse to keep in mind !



Posted 10 Years Ago


It's a true feeling of love like some kinda Exotic feel we can say about true love. Nice write one again, it's a Romantic write, lovely write, awesome write and beautiful write. Your words always touch my heart and say "because the write's written by "Belle" :) Nice job once again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is lovely, Belle - really well written and speaks volumes. (:

Posted 10 Years Ago


Belle

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Noodlehead. :)
tender and heartfelt.......wonderfully written,
dana

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lovely poem, and well spelled how the bond between you and poetry is, poetry is a husband to me, for I see it here, in your words too, poetry is a "love". It shall be within us until we breath our last air out...

And lovely how the bond between you and a love is... or a soulmate.

Profound piece.

- Elisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


A short poem that packs a romantic punch. Once the love and the words have woven their spell, there is no turning back. Wonderful. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Having that connection with another person is truly a transcendent bond. I've come to believe that it is one of the deepest forms of sharing two people can ever take part in. I liked the way you described how the poetry of this person entered your soul, and stayed with you. Their words echoed inside your being and left a lasting impression, and that is truly beautiful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was thinking how brief tis poem was and how the meaning goes on and on...
The voice sounds young and fresh, yet the soul feels very ancient.
Thank you for the poem and the music. The video did not add anything for me, but the music did.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Belle

10 Years Ago

I am fond of less words. I used to have fascination to short poetry and I think I am back to its bea.. read more
 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Young souls do not speak of growing old and of death. It is something they do not understand... Th.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2283 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 26, 2013
Last Updated on October 27, 2013

Author

Belle
Belle

About
Live Traffic Stats more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Belle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


'Still'... 'Still'...

A Poem by Frieda P