Only Few Perceive

Only Few Perceive

A Poem by Belle

There are times when the sky is not a sky

But a blue hem in between man and God,

When blue turns black, the pond is not a pond

But a glass that casts back the silver light.

There are times when the wind is not a wind

But a moaning voice from a hollow cold

Revealing the secrets of the untold.

All these come in sound when I stop my mind

When I, make my eyes talk, make my ears speak.

I want them to see what I see,

‘Them, to listen to what I hear;

Only few perceive.



  for Seph

                           

 

 



 

 

 

© 2014 Belle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

THAT is so ever the way of life ...few ever perceive as we wish they would or even could.

Posted 4 Years Ago


This is a stunning work of art, dearest Belle!...
I believe you have perfected your craft... please keep sharing your wise perception of life...

Gorgeous penning!~xoxo~:)
Into my faves!

Posted 9 Years Ago


So beautiful! Lovely. The lines are well blended with the words and the theme of the write. Yes, with the time, everything's changed and what remnant behind's only few perceives.. How true .. I like this poem!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I loved this! It was such a lovely piece. The imagery and flow were good. And I liked the way you conveyed the message "only few perceive." This is indeed true in today's world when most simply look past things that couldn't be seen in one glance, and when most do not even try to go deeper. Well done, Belle!

Posted 9 Years Ago


In death we find the light of our Maker in the blackness. Yet it is not ours to take, only to receive, as we also received life.
The ability to see and understand, to hear and comprehend, and in so doing convert the revelations into meaningful words is a rare gift. A gift to others as well as to our own being.
It is fine to reflect and mirror, but even better to find interpretation and expansion of thought within our observations and experiences.
A wonderful poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MAC
what a wonderful thought inspiring write. excellent

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
I've read this before, read it today - over and over, it's seems like every line has multiple meaning, every line speaks of a different story iteself, perhaps indeed only a few can perceive its deep meanings...

if only the eyes can talk, and the ears can speak, its profound to think the other end of the spectrum... the irony it spoke, the intriguing langauge it provide, and you can never stop the mind from thinking... i think :)

"only a few perceive"

that line seems to sad, so short, and in you piece it gives us a breathless effect...
bravo!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like it, you break from the rhyming scheme I have read of others tonight. Quite a pleasant change. I enjoyed this imagery, and message.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a beautifully stunning piece. I love that as soon as you begin to read, you are immediately thrown i to this compelling world that immediately tells you nothing is as it seems and then you go on to express how this could be, but from your perspective. I absolutely adore this.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


One word for the opening lines: stunning.

Sometimes it is easier to accept things as they are rather than to look beyond what is. I think that when we delve deeper on things, a corresponding responsibility may arise from it (whatever that is). Maybe this is the reason why only few perceive or perhaps, only few chose to look beyond what is apparent because most of us don’t really want to be bothered or burdened with some harsh realities that may be revealed in the process. And perhaps most people chose this path because closing one’s eyes in one sense is more convenient or safer for us (but in doing so we may also miss out some of the most beautiful opportunities out there). Always thought-provoking.


Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

667 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on January 24, 2014
Last Updated on May 6, 2014

Author

Belle
Belle

About
Live Traffic Stats more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Belle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Killing Jar My Killing Jar

A Poem by Muse


Children of War Children of War

A Poem by MOON