pre-write Prologue

pre-write Prologue

A Chapter by Maddox

          Maybe my luck is actually running out. Honestly, what was wrong with the world? What went wrong? What idiot scientist thought it would be okay to create this stupid virus? What good did they think was going to come from it? Good job you managed to wipe out almost the entire human race. No, correction. You managed to wipe out almost the entire living human race. I guess they could be considered human, just not humane or alive. People actually managed to ruin everything in the world, as prevention against 'potential biological terrorist attack.'  Yeah because everything is great now. Whatever story you can scrounge up will tell you that somehow a vial label got screwed up, and a perfectly healthy, living Voc virus was injected instead of the partially dead, weak version used for immunization. The 'patient' walked away feeling fine and a week later got a serious case of the munchies. The munchies spread and the world pretty much ended. 

          The Voces Virus. Spanish for voices. Strange, mostly because when you 'return' you don't talk. It was rumored around in Europe first. Said to be the attempts at reanimation. Well, it works. 

          For all I know, I am the last one alive. Some days, it really feels like I am. What about the rest of the world? There use to be so many people out there, billions reduced to hundreds? Tens? Me? If I'm all that's left for the world, we are most definitely screwed. I don't think that there is anything I can do to help now, but I am at least going to try. My journal, my thoughts, and my letters will keep me sane. Each town I stop in I write letters and leave them anywhere so that if there is anybody else alive out there, they know they aren't alone. I tell them when I was in the town, and where I am going next. Maybe if somebody does read them, they can find me and I won't be all alone.

          I guess I'm not all alone now but a human companion would be nice too. Hielo is my forever companion. His pitch black coat is short, nice for keeping it from catching on anything. His long legs are muscular, holding him up to almost waist height. He has rich copper patches on his face around his muzzle and near his short stub of a tail. Hielo is a Doberman my family had even before The First. Now he is my only family. 

          Together Hielo and I are just wandering. I don't know where we are going or why but wherever it is, I just hope all the luck I've had up until this point doesn't finally run out. After all, I have survived a year on my own since The First. 

 



© 2013 Maddox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great stuff, Maddox. I like how you explained the Voces Virus. Pretty damn smart.

Question though. How are you writting this? It sounds to me like this is an entry into a journal. You read my Prologue. Did you notice how Dylan is talking directly to the reader in writing? Is that what you are going for?

Just curious. Still great, smart stuff.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

My goodness! This is such an amazing beginning!

Keep it up!
=^u^=

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is good

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Woah thats pretty deep X3! Great way to start the whole thing >_< I'm hooked '3

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great stuff, Maddox. I like how you explained the Voces Virus. Pretty damn smart.

Question though. How are you writting this? It sounds to me like this is an entry into a journal. You read my Prologue. Did you notice how Dylan is talking directly to the reader in writing? Is that what you are going for?

Just curious. Still great, smart stuff.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's crazy. Coming from me that means the same as "I like it lots" and will follow its progress :)

Here are the issues I found:
"The munchies be spread and the world pretty much ended." - is that "be" actually a "he" in there?
"until this point, doesn't finally run out." - I think you can loose the comma.

As you can see there isn't much for me to criticize. Now all that's left for me to do is keep an eye out for chapter one 8)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now, write this quickly. It is so hard to find a decent zombie apocalypse book these days, and this one sounds quite good. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 24, 2011
Last Updated on January 11, 2013


Author

Maddox
Maddox

Columbus, OH



About
Writing is one of the most important things in my life. It's a release. The way I think can't easily be explained to most people. I think in pictures, stories, and patterns. Writing stories is a way t.. more..

Writing
-Intro- -Intro-

A Chapter by Maddox


Chapter ONE Chapter ONE

A Chapter by Maddox