Pain

Pain

A Chapter by Maddox

“Aaron? What are you doing up there?” somebody called up to her. She sat high up in a weeping willow, laying back against one of the twisting branches. Below her Jace was standing, staring up at her. She smiled and hopped out of the tree, landing gently next to him on the ground.

       “I’m here,” she smiled and grabbed his hand, holding it to her cheek. He smiled at her, his eyes glittering in the moon light. He was still a lot taller than her, but she leaned forward, leaning her head against his chest. She could feel his chest vibrating with laughter, she looked up to see what was so funny.

       “What are you doing?” he asked.

       “I don’t know,” she admitted. He pressed a hand gently to the side of her face, tilting it upwards towards his. He leaned down, gently pressing their lips together for the briefest of seconds. He backed away, staring at her, a look of horror on his face.

       “Why did you do that?” he growled, ice in his voice.

       “What are you talking about?” she cried, confused.

       “Don’t touch me,” he spit and walked away from her as quickly as he could without running. Tears pricked at the corners of her eyes, threatening to run down her cheeks. A sharp pain stabbed through her chest as she watched his retreating figure. Damien moved from behind the tree, Aaron stared in shock at her ex-boyfriend.

       “I told you that nobody would love you,” he sneered. “I didn’t love you.”

       “Shut up,” she hissed.                        

       “But it’s okay,” he laughed, running a strand of her hair around his finger. “You didn’t love me either. You don’t love anybody.”

       “That’s not true!”

       “It is true,” he yelled back at her. “That’s why your father’s gone. You didn’t love him enough. You drove him away. He moved on to find a daughter that would actually love him back.”

       “No!” she screamed. He laughed at her and shrugged his shoulders.

       “It’s true. You don’t love anybody, that’s why your father left and why your mother can’t wait until you move out of the house. It’s why your brother gave you that bruise on your cheek,” he said, running his fingers across her cheekbone. “It’s because you didn’t love him enough to even spend your 16th birthday with him. You don’t love anybody, not even Jace. But you know what? He loves you.”



© 2012 Maddox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

*throws hands in the air* You make things so interesting!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on June 23, 2012
Last Updated on June 23, 2012


Author

Maddox
Maddox

Columbus, OH



About
Writing is one of the most important things in my life. It's a release. The way I think can't easily be explained to most people. I think in pictures, stories, and patterns. Writing stories is a way t.. more..

Writing
-Intro- -Intro-

A Chapter by Maddox


Chapter ONE Chapter ONE

A Chapter by Maddox