Funeral

Funeral

A Chapter by Talia
"

LEGENDARY CHAPTER ONE

"

Funeral
December 19, 1944
 3:36 PM 
Ternopil, Ukraine 

"Snow was her favorite kind of weather. She said it brought peace to her busy or truama filled days. So we are glad that it is snowing today. And let it be a remembrance of Nina Palovski, my beloved daughter." The man with brown hair and blue eyes said. He donned a black tuxedo with one purple pansy in his breat pocket. It had been her favorite flower and color. A man who was also dressed in a black tuxedo with military badges stood from his seat and walked over to the man behind the podium. They shook hands and whispered something that the group of 9 people attending the funeral couldn't hear. The father of Nina walked to stand next to a women who you could visibly tell she had been crying.

"I was Nina's parter during her times with the U." The man had blond hair and green eyes. He was very tall and also had a purple pansy. He had a large scar running down his cheek from the war. He thought of it as a lesson, rather than a remembrance of horrid times. "And I can say, she was something." He looked down at the snow as he shifted on his feet, the snow crunching underneath him. "Nina was the strongest person I knew. No matter what happened, she said we would make it out alive and we could go kill some more Nazi's. But I don't think she joined the U just to kill people. I think she joined to defend her motherland." He glanced at the picture of Nina that sat above the empty wooden casket. "Nina was the charmer of us all. Even though she was the only girl, she made the best of it. Even when we were captured, she wouldn't loose her determination to get out." he took a deep breath. "I will miss Nina dearly for the rest of my life, but I am thankful that I got to share some of her time with me." The snowflakes kept on coming down, gently but quickly. The woman who had been crying stepped forward and thanked the man who spoke before her. 

"First, I want to say that I never thought of Nina as a person to who'd join the army, but I was wrong. At first, I was unsure about the idea, but I let her go because if thats what she wanted to do, I didn't want to be the one to stop her." the woman paused for a moment and took another breath. "I knew the consequences, but I wanted her to figure out things for herself, rather than her life being led by me, or someone else. I thought I had been prepared for something like this. I thought I knew what I was getting myself into." The woman ran her hair back through her blond curls, closing her brown eyes for a moment before opening them again. "But you never truly know what you get yourself into until you actually experience it." she sniffled again, tears starting to brim her eyes. "Thank you for coming today." A little boy, about the age of five, walked up to the woman and pulled her in for a tight hug. 

"Mama, its okay. Nina gonna come back? Nina come!" the little boy exclaimed. It was as if he didn't know what was going on.

""Maybe someday, Anton, maybe someday." The little boy placed three purple pansies next to the small white cross where a wreath of flowers sat. Each person then came up and whispered a remembrance to the cross, and walked back into the small house to eat supper.

The little boy stayed out there for a little while longer as he stared at the casket. The woman came back out of the house to retreive him.

"Come, Anton, its time for supper." He nodded reluctantly and followed his mother into the house. 

 



© 2012 Talia


Author's Note

Talia
Hi guys! Thanks so much for reading this! Reviews and criticism are always welcome!
~Talia

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on November 19, 2012
Last Updated on November 19, 2012
Tags: funeral, legendary, world, war, two, nina


Author

Talia
Talia

Middlefield, OH



About
Hi I'm Talia! I'm 14 and live in the middle of nowhere. I'm a big dreamer. I love the Avengers. I want to either be a writer or a singer when I grow up. If not, then a brain surgeon. I love watc.. more..

Writing
Legendary Legendary

A Book by Talia