2019

2019

A Story by sette

instead of welcoming 2019 with a big bang, i welcome the year with more than 5 feet in flood brought about by typhoon named Usman. it was one tragedy and until at present dead bodies are piling up in one of the towns here in my province. i can't begin to describe the surprise, anxiety and frustration...all of us were wishing for a peaceful new year but then here was this tragedy which we can't explain and even understand. amidst everything with lost lives, lost resources and an economic dump, we tried to make the most out of it, God has a reason which we hope one day we can understand but for now all i can say is... we will rise up and be strong again amidst the sufferings and sacrifices.... still looking forward to something beautiful in 2019 despite the things that happened.. let it be buried with 2018.

© 2019 sette


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear sette, such sadness to hear of what you and your fellow country men and women have had to endure. We see the suffering on TV and we bleed for you. I hope plenty of aid is getting through to help restore the basics. We should never take anything for granted, we do not know what awaits us round the corner. With all good wishes for strength of spirit to keep you going. Strength dear sette grows from adversity.

Chris

Posted 5 Years Ago


sette

5 Years Ago

that is so true dear chris thanks for the compassion all i have left in this life is strength to get.. read more
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

That strength to get you through each day will build and get you through the challenges that lie ahe.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2019
Last Updated on January 14, 2019

Author

sette
sette

Writing
coffee coffee

A Story by sette


hurt hurt

A Poem by sette



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Remembering Remembering

A Poem by Beccy


First love. First love.

A Poem by Beccy