Chameleon

Chameleon

A Poem by Moth Phoenix
"

It's another version of something I had to do for creative writing.

"

She casts such a thin shadow,

behind the eyes of those around her.

She speaks loudly what she wants to say,

but it only comes out a whisper. 

She's like that one last ember to die,

hanging on to life more than ever. 

She cries but no one sees,

she laughs but no one cares.

The full moons in her eyes are now waning,

while she's stuck fading.

She knew she'd have to face this horrible fate,

to see her one true mate. 

"I've looked for thee and now you're here" 

"I have come for you my dear" 

the words she longs to hear,

tangled in the web of life,

through the stars of the universe. 

Such a lonely girl she stands,

casting such a thin shadow.

She longs to take in ones true grin,

but hides like the little chameleon. 

© 2013 Moth Phoenix


Author's Note

Moth Phoenix
I would like to say that those who have read and reviewed, and liked this poem, thank you! When I presented this in class, absolutely no one liked it. It means a lot :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

well crafted poem...but one question I had was why it would be a horrible fate to see her one true mate?

"I've looked for thee and now you're here"
"I have come for you my dear"
the words she longs to hear,
tangled in the web of life,

this feels like wonderful longing...not a terribly feared outcome...

She seems like a wallflower...unnoticed...inconspicuous...blends into the background like a chameleon...yet she's longing for her one true love...resigned to worship from afar to use an old cliche...

I would suggest having us feel unrequited longing instead of consummate dread or insecurity...which I do feel...if this is your intent, then the poem works for me...



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hm, I like this one… It's definitely interesting and well written. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


liked this one, but hides like the little chameleon, wonderful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


its nice it is a good description of blending in and not being noticed

Posted 13 Years Ago


Scary, many things I see in myself each day. A great poem for self reflection. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good description of the wallpaper personality... a chameleon that fades in the background instead of standing out. An apt metaphor for insecurity and shyness... which I endured through much of my youth. Nice work...

Posted 13 Years Ago


well crafted poem...but one question I had was why it would be a horrible fate to see her one true mate?

"I've looked for thee and now you're here"
"I have come for you my dear"
the words she longs to hear,
tangled in the web of life,

this feels like wonderful longing...not a terribly feared outcome...

She seems like a wallflower...unnoticed...inconspicuous...blends into the background like a chameleon...yet she's longing for her one true love...resigned to worship from afar to use an old cliche...

I would suggest having us feel unrequited longing instead of consummate dread or insecurity...which I do feel...if this is your intent, then the poem works for me...



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this poem. A chameleon is a cool animal. Change to fit his world. The poem is very good. Life leave us weak and confuse sometime. We need to overcome many things. A skill of a chameleon is one of many skill needed to survive in this world. A excellent poem.
coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good write. The images you choose here are great. They create a feel of loneliness with an overpowering yearning to belong.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wonderful poem

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1721 Views
54 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2013
Tags: lovely, alone, invisible

Author

Moth Phoenix
Moth Phoenix

CO



About
Hello there stranger! Thanks for checking out my profile. I'm just some girl enjoying life one song at a time. Drop a review if you'd like, or a comment! more..

Writing
Phoenix Phoenix

A Poem by Moth Phoenix



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..