One

One

A Chapter by TheTardisLover

Friends are people.

People who make choices.

People who take steps day after day praying for the future; unfortunately, the world they know is not what it seems to be. A friend can become an enemy, an enemy can become a friend. The mirror isn't always showing the outside, but the inside itself as well.

People are us. Beings on a planet that are afraid, looking everytime behind, holding onto hopes and living for a better life.

Humans are capable of more, the only mistake that is made: Believing in the impossible.

That's how it always goes wrong. 'Dreams' and  Ímpossibility' are two kinds of different words, each one leading to another story. That's why, people have to stop thinking, and do instead. And when you know the right moment has come, you can finally, close your eyes, take a deep breath and say: Yes. Allons-y!



"And I told him, " Rose took a short bite from her sandwich " 'Mikey, if you want to use the microwave, you'll first need to plug it in!' "

"No way!" the Doctor laughed "Tell you what. One time I searched the whole Tardis for electricity, she was out that day. And I was so angry because I couldn't find any! But then I remembered: I am electricity myself!"

"You're joking!" she laughed out loud.

"I mean it! And I was nearly exploding every cell of my brain that day. Seems like Mondays aren't my type."

"Mondays are no one's type, Doctor. That's why, I've got an idea."

"And what's that?"

"Let's just stop." she linked her arm with his' , walking on the lighted streets of London.

"What do you mean?"

"Let's stop for a while. I want a vacation, and I don't know how you feel about it, but I got white like a cheesecake."

"You know I don't do domestic, Rose." he shook his head.

"Oh, come on..Just this one. Then, we can go back to all your alien things and adventures."

"Oi! Don't make it sound like you hate it. You know you love it."

"Oh, y-yeah. I do. Like, I adore it. The best thing of my life."

"Why do I feel like you're playing dirty?" he looked her deep into the eyes.

"Please?" she begged.


After seconds and seconds of thoughts, his superior Timelord brain couldn't take it anymore. And by the way she was looking at him, with that big brown eyes; he already knew he lost.


"Oh, okay, I give up." the Doctor sighed "But just this time."

"Yes! Don't worry! We'll have fun. I promise!"

"Well, if you promise, then so be it. Now, we need to find the TARDIS."

"Oh, you go ahead. I still have some important things to buy. It won't take long, just a shampoo and things like that." she apologized. "Meet you there?"

"Alright. Be careful and DON'T wander off! Anything happens, you come straight to me! Understood?"

"Yup." she slightly smiled.


With that, the two of them turned towards different directions. It wasn't that long  they landed on Earth. Rose thought it would be a nice idea to have chips; after all the madness that happened before. Yesterday was the day the girl finally learnt that talking cats, Cassandra and zombies aren't the perfect combination. Anything related to that, just had to be wiped off and thrown straight into the bin.

She needed some rest; being pressed inside your own brain by a trampoline with eyes didn't feel really nice, and the Doctor knew it himself, but since he's superior to any human kind, he didn't have that much of a problem. She hated the fact that she remembered everything: her way of talking, her gestures, even the kiss. She hated it so much, because that wasn't her, but Cassandra who did it. And for some time it terrified her, thinking that the Doctor would just send her away. Because she already knew..he wouldn't have feelings for a human like her. She wasn't worth it, neither her soul.

Rose finally approached her favourite market in the center of London and stepped inside. Yeah, all of it seemed the same, only the rayons of food were placed differently. She quickly chose some shampoo and other personal things, then bashed out, hurrying towards the TARDIS.

It was a nice evening, a lot of people outside. It looked more lively than she last remembered. Sometimes, she used to hate this place. Being home wasn't her hobby. But now, after seeing it now and then, and that just for a couple of hours, made her slowly change her mind.

The girl walked the streets of London, her hands full of necessary and unnecessary things, thinking about the vacation she and the Doctor were planning. She was very excited, every muscle of her body wanted to move faster and faster, but running wasn't the best solution right now.



"No!" a female voice yelled "Please! Don't do th-"


Rose's eyes widened with fear and shock after the voice disappeared, and instead of it a gunshot was heard, echoing through the air. No. Who would ever do this? The Doctor had to wait up a little more, that was for sure. She wasn't going to just back up like that. No no. She had to help. Whoever that was needed help, immediately.


"Hello?" she entered a very small and short street right after a little shop, which was already closed. It was very dark in that alley, so she was literally risking her own life at that moment. "I can't see you. Don't worry, I'll find you. Just relax."


With her eyes wide open she pulled out her phone to get some light, and as she found the body she approached and turned it to face her.


"Shereen?!! Oh, Lords!! Stay with me!!" Rose yelled as she grabbed her by the arm and started dragging her "Stay with me, Shereen! Look! It's me! It's Rose! Hang in there! I need to get you to the TARDIS."


It was hard work dragging a body half dead after her, but it was the only option. And she was scared, gosh she was so scared. What would've happened to her friend if she wasn't there? What will happen if she's not hurrying?!


"Hang in there! Please, don't die on me! Doctor!!!" she yelled as she approached the TARDIS'door "Doctor, help me!!"

The door opened and from inside the Timelord's hands quickly grabbed the body.

"Rose!! What happened?! What's going on?! Who is this?" he asked as he lifted the woman's body on his arms.

"We need to take her to the emergency room! Now!"

"Tell me what happened!"

"She got shot! Please, Doctor! Hurry!" she said as she opened the door for him.


The Doctor ran towards a surgery table where he placed the body and took out some stencils. Even though he Really couldn't understand what the hell was going on, Rose's look of shock seemed damn important, so he had to do what he had to do. He checked for vital signs, brain damage and blood; and when he saw it he quickly stopped the bleeding with his hand.


"Is it bad?" Rose asked as she approached with a set of emergency kit.

"No. No is not extremely bad. It didn't hit her internal organs. She will survive. The TARDIS is going to heal her." he sniffed as he extracted the bullet.

"The TARDIS can do that?!"

"The Tardis can do anything. Now" he paused to look at her "Please calm down. There is nothing to worry about. I am sure she will survive. Alright?"

"Alright." Rose replied sighing. "Alright, alright, alright."

"You're only making it worse. Rose. Hey." the Doctor walked towards her, wrapping his arms around her

"It's ok. Everything is okay. Come, sit down. I am going to prepare some cup of tea, then you're gonna tell me what happened. Yeah?"


The girl shook her head running one of her hands through her hair.

The Doctor hurried with the tea, then sat down beside Rose, who was still shaking from the shock she got. It looked stressful, and his actions of calming her down weren't working so well. The tea was the only relaxing her a bit.

She took a sip, her eyes closed, and from the moment she opened them, the Doctor's hand was already laying on one of her legs, rubbing it in concern.



"Whenever you're ready." he said as he drank from his tea.



And how should she even feel about it? Of course she was afraid; one of her best friends from Highschool got shot, not even to mention, almost died. So the question still cracked inside her brain. But, as the Doctor said, she was going to survive, and that was a good thing. Brilliant, in fact; even though she sometimes couldn't believe in his judgments and decisions.



"When you say the TARDIS is going to heal her, what do you actually mean?" Rose asked placing her cup of tea on the table.

"Well" the Doctor took a short look at Shereen, then faced his pink and yellow girl again. "Imagine this..light. A bright one, golden light."

"Just like the one when you regenerate?"

"More brighter, and more powerful. Then, imagine a bubble, a kind of big ball" he gestured with his hands "Then, place inside the bubble..let's say a pear. I hate pears, but you obviously already know that. Evil green things. Don't you ever feed me with that. Now, this bubble is so powerful and so strong, that even the pear can't take it anymore, and it transforms into a banana."

"You mean..like a regeneration?"

"Well yeah, you could say that."

"So, what you actually mean is that Shereen is inside this bubble, and her body will be regenerated?"

"Who is Shereen?" he crossed his arms "Oh! You mean the girl! Well, yes. Kind of. But her face and other parts will stay the same, just as it should be. "


Rose stood up sighing, her hands on her hips. She took a sad look at her friend .


"How long is it gonna take?" she asked.

"A couple of days, even less. But, Rose" he caught her attention "You know what will happen after she gets better, right?"

"Yeah." Rose sniffed "Yeah, I know."
















© 2016 TheTardisLover


Author's Note

TheTardisLover
I had to once again upload this chapter. I am sorry, but since this web-page is a new place for me, it is hard to understand it. Thank you for reading it.
Please ingore the grammar mistakes. English is not my mother-tongue and I still struggle.

ALLONS-Y!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on January 14, 2016
Last Updated on January 14, 2016
Tags: TARDIS, the Doctor, Rose Tyler, David Tennant, Doctor Who, Fanfiction, Romance, Galaxy, SciFi, Whovian, DW, Time Travel


Author

TheTardisLover
TheTardisLover

Germany



About
"People assume that Time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it´s more like a big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey Stuff." .. more..

Writing
Two Two

A Chapter by TheTardisLover


Three Three

A Chapter by TheTardisLover