sole

sole

A Poem by blueseeker

I drink the heat from the sun.

This guilty pleasure slowly incinerates 

the breaths from within. 

Mentally spaced,

a high never before explored.

More delayed inhales now 

trapped beneath time.

A heavy exhale soon will accept

I drink the heat from the sun. 

© 2012 blueseeker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not many things are as pleasant as strething out like a cat and using the sun's rays like a blanket as the warmth carries you off into deams . . .

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lovely poem, like the line I drink the heat of the sun and how you described the breath.

Posted 12 Years Ago


amazingly beautiful metaphors! very fresh!

Posted 12 Years Ago



This was a surprising poem to me, I liked the content and the effect of it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sounds great--to drink the heat from the sun...

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hmm
Such a wonderful read here,
liked this write alot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great poem,like the repeat of the first and lines which fuses it into a lyrical unit, good use of imagery, and this inhale/exhale image is very clever, reminds me of a short poem by Goethe which I read a couple of days ago.Good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with the idea of an anatomy within an anatomy. You explore the exchange, and cause and effect. Very surreal and left with a lot of room for our own exploration.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
i drink the cold from a silence
that is debilitating and consuming
i can barely breathe
barely surviving
to write another word

. my lines got triggered by your post ... it's superbly written ... it's as if you wrote the anatomy of a moment within a moment ... i could see the other side--your side ... even though i'm not there at all ... your writing is very vivid ... i was able to relate to your words even though i have never experienced the emotion you speak of ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I find the seasons fuel what and the way I write... the sun, god, how I hanker after it in the colder months. The sun means warmth, friends, memories, happiness, nostalgia... I can't help but wait for it impatiently.

Thank you for sharing your inspiring poem.

I do feel that, over time, you may want to come back and revise a few bits... but as I'm not sure what would make the poem better myself, I cannot suggest anything.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

522 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 8, 2012
Last Updated on March 9, 2012

Author

blueseeker
blueseeker

About
discover passionately and be a fool doing so. im very interested in the impossible questions of this universe. or possibly the choices and actions of humanity. questions will always consume my mind.. more..

Writing
world world

A Poem by blueseeker


~~~ ~~~

A Poem by blueseeker



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..