Romance And Pain

Romance And Pain

A Story by bluessadmood
"

some are just not made for love

"

 

Romance with lots of pain

I knew her all the way ,since I set foot on that wonderful island when she first asked me if I was really from Iraq ,and she laughed ,and joked that she was also from Mars ,when I affirmed what I said ,she just looked at me with stunned eyes ,not believing ,you are joking right, she said .No ,I went on…

She just kept looking, now very silent ,there was a long a pause ,I could look in those beautiful blue eyes ,she was so tall ,very nice looks ,eyes so wild and lively ,yes I was drawn and accustomed to her looks and to her face ,she really broke my heart every time I looked at her from afar ,but then she would eye me every while ,I really wondered...

So there was a long pause when she said ,so you are from there , but I heard no one is left there ,I thought everybody died in a while ,then there was another pause where she kept looking at me ,yes she said ,it serves you right ,you fought the whole world ,then her lips quivered and eyes gone moist ,I could hear, see muffled sobs ,then she said so faintly ,no ,no really I never meant it dear ,I am sorry, you never deserved that, I heard from my sister once she worked in Iraq ,she told me ,you were nice people,oh yes they never let you live ,but surely they want you all dead ,now there was almost wild tears ,and cries ,tell me , she said, there are so many like you from there, like us human ,with everything, hands legs ,nothing missing ,I heard there were some horrible things from there,oh dear how could you stand all this and still in your right senses, do you really still feel like us ,do you love, could you love me ,I saw you look at me once ,but I dismissed it ,now that I know ,how could you love ,I think all you do is hate ,do you hate me ,but I love you dear I could take you in my arms give all the kindness in the world and protect you from the so much pain you surely feel ,what have you done to deserve all that ...

We were standing at the entrance to the emergency rooms, under a small roof that kept us dry from the raging rain, as now ….

 it was raining like mad, as if the skies were also sad and crying, the rain, the heavenly tears ,that's why I think I went down the rain so it fits me well, I was near her ,I was looking in front of me and I kept silent all the while ,then seeing the rain ,I was taken by the great sight, the rain kept pouring on the all around you high green grass, all the tall trees, the sight was great I felt myself very unworthy of the going on sad talk ,I took some steps into the rain, I did not know what I was doing she must think I was going mad, I was a mess now, all wet ,but I just liked to feel wet and having that rain falling on me and I turned around to her ,I looked at her ,she was somewhat baffled at me ,her eyes looking suspicious, that I could have gone mad ,I took a long look at her and smiled in a very silly and loony way ,you think I am mad ,I said ,yes I think so dear, I went on, sometimes I got these wild fits ,I am sure I am crazy somehow ...

she looked back and was very alarmed ,I think she wanted to pacify my feelings and smiled ,I could see it was a forced smile for I could see she was really alarmed at what was going on ,and said ,come on dear, come back from the rain ,you will mess up your clothes and hair, and your soul ...

I looked back ,no ,I said ,leave me here ,you go back in ,I will not bring my troubles onto you ,I am really troubled in mind, I want to stay in the rain ,and I kept smiling that very unhealthy smile ,very surprisingly ,she came into the heavy rain ,took my arms and took my head in her hands and kissed me strong ,it was the sweetest thing I ever felt in a while ,I just kept looking at her eyes ,now I could not hold my tears any more so I let myself into a frenzy cry ,she just kept kissing me on my cheeks like trying to wipe the tears away ,and she hugged my tight ,I was so happy while still crying ,it was very mixed feeling ..

Here she pulled at my arm and took me back to the back yard of the building, this is the back door to my room, she said, and she went in and pulled me inside, and closed the door.

© 2017 bluessadmood


Author's Note

bluessadmood
things that happened ,just will not get off my mind

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

War and what it does to human beings is hell on earth. The nights of fear, not knowing if there'll be another day; days of perpetual war-made noise mingling with the eruption of bombed buildings , screams, calls for help, calls to unseen family, and then deathly silence before it all begins again and again and again. The loss of loved ones, the loss of dignity, the fading of a culture and history - all that's happened before century after century after... and, continues today. No wonder tears need kisses. No wonder people need kindness and sweetness.

One day Mankind will achieve success - war will have won, Earth will be gone- there'll not be a world. Curtain down. The play's over. It was a tragedy. But there'll not be another one, there's nobody left to fight.

Sorry, written too much but your story got to me. Such a thought provoking piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You depicted each emotion with such strength in this piece that it at times left me speechless. A very powerful and moving piece. Well done. (: xxx

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love a story that takes me along for a ride, this was beautiful

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a beautiful, telling story.
You have managed to take the reader along as a voyeur into this most private, intimate setting.
Nicely written!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very moving story. While the whole story moved me to tears, one part really stood out to me:

" she said, there are so many like you from there, like us human ,with everything, hands legs ,nothing missing ,I heard there were some horrible things from there,oh dear how could you stand all this and still in your right senses, do you really still feel like us ,do you love, could you love me ,I saw you look at me once ,but I dismissed it ,now that I know ,how could you love ,I think all you do is hate ,do you hate me,"

Propaganda often tries de-humanize people in war-torn countries. Thus many haved preconceived ideas and are shocked to meet someone like you, to discover you are indeed human with feelings etc. If only more people would really listen and get to know others of all different nationalities, they would see war as the atrocity it truly is. Perhaps the road to lasting peace is through one heart at a time.

Thank you for featuring this story so those who joined this site months after it was posted can find it easily and read it. It is one I think most will benefit from reading, my friend.



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your stories are always so intriguing. You leave us in suspense......makes me wonder what happens next! :) I liked it! So much pain, yet so much passion. I like the crying in the rain and the kissing away the tears. Very emotional!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love, passion and attachment are such an emotional rollercoaster... it is so sad that we all add preconceptions and beliefs systems into the melting pot. You take the reading through a turbulent and poignant remembrance... thank you for sharing it with us... for a while we walked in your steps.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Whoa. What a powerful piece.
At first I was taken aback by the run-on sentence structure, but it really, REALLY suited the emotion within the story. It showed how desperate and overwhelmed the emotion is...
I love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

my fingers graces his tender cheeks,
wiping away the tears he has yet to shed.
his dark eyes wild and strong, lost and confused.

i worry about his sweet sanity
as he steps into raging rain,
like bullets to the sidewalk.

droplets beat against his matted hair,
streaming down his face,
emerging with vulnerability.

alarmed and frozen i watch in fear,
and he catches on, rejecting me;
I ignore his words and his madness.

I'm in his arms, his mind, his soul,
And this is where I promise him
I'll remain as long as he needs me.

[eh, idk if that was any good. oh well.]

this piece was thought provoking. it's very moving.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's amazing how even within destruction, hatred and inflicted pain, friendships and love can be found and at times become even stronger when you have to struggle together. This is such a profound time in your life and this is a story I don't think I will ever forget. Amazingly sad, tearful but good writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can see why you can't get these things off your mind blues.
War is never pretty and they all start for a good reason we are
told , but never end up the way they want.
Very sad and the death is the worst thing of all.
So many people lose the ones they love.

Thanks for bringing us closer to your thoughts.

Kelley

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3169 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 18, 2008
Last Updated on June 30, 2017

Author

bluessadmood
bluessadmood

Iraq



About
The Music I like,the Carpenter,all their songs and albums,The Super Tramps,one of their songs ,reminds me of a girl who nearly broke my heart,still feel the pain ,no ,no i will not tell who ,I like t.. more..

Writing
warda warda

A Story by bluessadmood