A Night's Daydream

A Night's Daydream

A Story by Brittany Defranco
"

Ever dreamt of the one you were crushing on?

"

I lie down softly, cuddling warm blankets after a nice cup of chamomile tea. Thoughts invade my head, thoughts of your smile and laughter. Thoughts of your baby blue eyes makes me blush uncontrollably to the point I feel like someone is watching. I hide my face under the covers.


Cannot wait to go to school tomorrow, so please let me sleep. Stop having such a nice daydream, Brain. I'm never going to go to sleep at this point. I peak out from underneath to look at the bright, red numbers of my alarm to see that it is midnight.


Groaning, I try to count sheep, then my mind wanders off again. His short blond hair falls in all the right places. I turn red whenever he hugs me in the hallways before class. His body hard against mine. He smells of the beaches that I used to go to as a child. I sigh at the happy daydream.


I open my eyes and it is already 6:30am. I whine as I get up out of bed, I dream of him again. Maybe today is the day I ask him. I get dressed then go through my drawers in my desk to take out a writing pen, and parchment paper. I write, 'Do you want to see me tonight?' Then folding the paper, I stick it in my morning clothes' pocket as I rush to school.


I see him in the hallways once again, he hugs me. I breathe in the ocean and without a word I hand him the note I had written as I run off to class. Maybe today is my lucky day, I think while chills go up my spine.


After class, I walk down the hall to see him standing against the wall. He smiles as he spots me in the crowd and waves a paper in the air. I run to him with rosy cheeks. My crush hands me a paper that says, 'Absolutely'. I look up and he kisses me a sweet promise that was better than any night's daydream.

© 2017 Brittany Defranco


Author's Note

Brittany Defranco
Please review :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very cute and sweet. Nicely written. Well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Brittany Defranco

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
Girl gets the guy.a nice sweet story to make you smile.its a rare thing but some dreams do come true.thamk you brittany

Posted 6 Years Ago


Brittany Defranco

6 Years Ago

Thanks KC, I'm glad you liked it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 3, 2017
Last Updated on November 3, 2017
Tags: poem, hope, prose, short, story, night, daydream, dream, love, crush, friendship

Author

Brittany Defranco
Brittany Defranco

MD



About
Hey, I'm Brittany and I'm a 25 year old red-head. I love writing and I've been on this site before, but it's been a few years. So I decided to make a new account and start anew. I also write to .. more..

Writing