Sports injuries and their categories

Sports injuries and their categories

A Story by Bob Clark
"

All human have played some sort of sports or have participated in any games and activities in their life at some point of the time or another.

"
Sports is the best recreation in one’s life, side by side sports can teach a person the most important lessons in life. Playing a sport doesn’t necessarily mean that one will have to win medals for the country and it is wrong to think that everybody has the same potential to do so. Playing a sport must always be encouraged to play from the heart and keeping your body and mind healthy and fit.

Different types of injuries in sports

But when you are playing any outdoor sport, there are always chances of injuries. Considering a game of football or cricket, you are bound to have some body contact or field contact which may lead to small or large injuries in your body. Sports injuries occur due to athletic activities. Some of them may lead to acute trauma or overuse and fatigue of any part of the body.

The category of traumatic injuries are related to the contact sports like ice hockey, football, rugby, etc. because of the high and dynamic collision of the body of the players in these sports. Collisions in these type of sports may be with the ground, field objects as well as other players of the same or the rival team and the unexpected and intensity of the dynamic forces on the different parts of the body can cause acute injuries in the players.

Traumatic injuries

There are different kind traumatic injuries caused by contact sports.

•    Bruises or contusions are caused due to damage to small blood vessels causing light bleeding within the tissues.
•    The trauma caused in a muscle because of over stretching and tearing of the muscle fibres causes strain.
•    An injury can also be caused in the joint, also known as the sprain. It happens when the ligament is being stretched beyond its capacity of stretching.
•    When as abrasion or puncturing of the skin occurs, it is called a wound.
•    Bone fractures and joint fractures are very common in sports,
•    Internal injuries can also be caused, whose symptoms are visible from outside the body but can be felt more form the inside.

Injuries are of different types and in different body parts with different level of seriousness. Hence for the treatment of such injuries one needs to find sports injury clinics in Leicester and need to take care of the injuries in order to get back to the healthy state as before.

© 2014 Bob Clark


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on October 20, 2014
Last Updated on October 20, 2014
Tags: sports, injury, rehab