Butterfly Within the Jar

Butterfly Within the Jar

A Poem by ?uestion

Butterfly within the mason jar, trapped in the walls you've created for yourself. Thick and strong you are protected for the chilling winds of this world. Secluded, disturbed only by the occasional tapping of a passing man. Curious only for a moment but the feeling quickly diminished then they fade away... I notice you fogging the glass, writing notes to yourself upon the wet glass. Contempt with life, okay with the passing of age. Yet as you grow old you do not crumble from the time. Age bringing more color to your already vibrant wings. I dare not open this vessel, for I fear the tainting of your beauty. Every fiber of my being squeezing at the lid but I refrain myself. For her sake I refrain... and for my own. Yet I still find myself to secret this beauty away. To hide her jar far from the light of day so that no one unworthy, to say the world, would defile such grace.A place where I may covet her wings, worshiping them as if they were kissed by Aphrodite herself... Sigh, would she even want that? Who am I to think these things of her? No. I will leave her upon the window seal within the dust. Perhaps one day she will bless the world with flight. So I step away from the butterfly within the mason jar, just like all the others before me.

© 2017 ?uestion


Author's Note

?uestion
Watching a woman while I worked and this one came to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
Added on February 8, 2017
Last Updated on April 5, 2017
Tags: Butterfly, Mason, Jar, Within, the

Author

?uestion
?uestion

Savannah, GA



About
Decided to take up this hobby after someone told me that I should put my writing online. Who knows, maybe something will come of it. Feel free to email me if you have any questions, ideas, or if you j.. more..

Writing
Her Eyes Lie Her Eyes Lie

A Story by ?uestion


Her Tears Her Tears

A Poem by ?uestion


Hidden Hidden

A Poem by ?uestion