Love, Faith & Sacrifice

Love, Faith & Sacrifice

A Story by Boldapple
"

I dedicate this story to Mo0onlight_UAW

"

There once lived a humble and handsome man, Hasan, who just married to very beautiful and pious woman, Fatima. They had a great love for each other.


The day after there first night, an Army General shows up on the door in the morning. There is an urgent emergency, a war is going on and Hasan must report by the afternoon.


Hasan didn't want to leave after spending the first night with his wife. But Fatima convinced Hasan.


"Hasan, I love you, but you must do your duty by joining the army. Promise me one thing: you won't remember me when you’re doing your duty in the army."

 

"Why wouldn't I remember you?" Hasan asked.

 

"Because when you remember me and you can't get a hold of me, your heart will become ill, and you may want to find another women to get the same feeling but by remembering Allāh ﷻ and no one else, HE will always be with you and protect your heart from ill thoughts."

 

"InshAllah my love, I will remember only Allāh ﷻ"

 

That afternoon they both said bye to each other. Hasan looked at Fatima one last time, he stared at her eyes for few seconds longer, trying to make sure he remembers her whenever he meets her next time.

 

Many years had passed since they both met again, after 25 years, Hasan returns back home. He has become a religious man with high rankings in the army.

 

When he came back to the city, instead of going home, he went to the mosque first. There he prayed and thanked Allāhﷻ for being with him all these years. 

 

After he finished his Salah, he looked at a gathering where a very handsome man who was dressed so elegantly, was giving a speech. 

 

He asked another man nearby him, 


"Who is this man?"

 

"This is our Imam for this mosque and the leader for this country, Imam Aamir.

 

Hasan was greatly impressed by this leader. His speech, as well as his appearance, were elegantly wonderful. He seems a person of very high status and well educated as well.

 

Suddenly, Hasan remembers he has to go home and check if his wife is still there.

 

He still remembers glimpse of what his house looked like but he doesn't remember much of his wife. He thought to himself that maybe his wife is already married another man and had beautiful children, but he doesn't know. Anything can happen when someone is gone for sooo long.

 

As he follows his instinct to where the house is, he remembers similar scents and moments when he used to live there.

 

Finally he approaches his house. He hesitates. He doesn't know what will be behind this door. He waits there for a while thinking what will happen next but he closes his eyes and asks Allāh ﷻ to make him hear a good news. He knocks on the door.


"Excuse me, can I help?" The women behind the door asks.

 

"Yes, I am looking for Fatima, does she still live here?"

 

Suddenly, the woman opens the door. He looks up at her, she is covered in hijab but he still remembers the eyes, those eyes which he glanced for few moments longer before departed 25 years ago.

 

Suddenly, they both start crying. She couldn't believe her eyes. It is Hasan, who came to visit her after all these years. 


"Did you go to the mosque? It is every soldier's responsibility to make 2 ruku and then come home." 

 

He nodded his head.

 

Then she asks, “then you must have seen our son."

 

Hasan suddenly became happy but confused.

 

"We have a son? What is his name? I can't wait to see him, what is his name?"

 

“If you go to the masjid, you will see him.” says Fatima.


"What is his name?" asks Hasan.

 

"His name is Imam Aamir. It is because of him, the war ended and now your home."


The End


---


This is Hasan's story, to love someone is one thing but to love someone for the sake of Allāh ﷻ is to have protection over your love. Everything belongs to HIM and to HIM it will return. So ask Allāh ﷻ to protect your heart and protect your love. Ameen.

© 2013 Boldapple


Author's Note

Boldapple
the words of wife changed a husband destiny,
the faith of husband protected his love,
the sacrifice of mother created a leader,
the leader that changed a nation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really love this story sooook much. You made me live there. I learned many things from this story. Thank you

Posted 10 Years Ago


Boldapple

10 Years Ago

When I read your stories and poems, it inspired me to write this story. So it is only for you. I am .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on August 31, 2013
Last Updated on September 1, 2013
Tags: #Mo0onlight_UAE #romance #love #

Author

Boldapple
Boldapple

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada



About
play with words more..

Writing
One Night One Night

A Story by Boldapple


Life Life

A Poem by Boldapple


Heart Beat Heart Beat

A Poem by Boldapple