Look at her

Look at her

A Poem by frozensakura

Look at her
Cut up, broken
Abandoned

Look at her
Cry and scream
Clawing at her face
What a disgrace

"how beautiful"
"your so cute"
look again in the damn mirror
It always proves you wrong

The girl they see
She's nothing like me
Why can't they tell us apart?

Is being free
Such a tragedy 
I guess that's what they mean

© 2012 frozensakura


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A lot of easily connectable emotion here. I, myself, can relate all too well. I can't really take compliments myself.

However, just to be constructive (not destructive, I promise) I would like to see the sentences in the quotations start off capitalized and using the proper English spelling. ( i.e You're instead of your) I don't really like text typing in anyplace other then texting but I'm just old fashioned I guess.

Beautifully written though. Good job girls!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

omg that was amazing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Their are many layers to who one is..So many that being who you are can be a major act in acrobatics. The more you use your inner voice the more and more in touch you become with every bit of who you are. As long as you grow you learn more about yourself. Surprising yourself all the time. Frankly, this thought excites me because, the day that I stop shocking myself and understand all of who I am completely is the day that I hope my soul leaves earth. It is true what Lily said, people do see who we allow them to see. Sometimes that is comforting. Sometimes its painful. Sometimes it a lie. A show we put on for the people around us. Often this is not healthy, but I have been known to do it also. I try not to do it that much anymore. I saw the doll like girl as being a way to hide the REAL misery inside from others and maybe from oneself.....

Posted 11 Years Ago


When I peek in the mirror I see two of me...and they are TOTALLY opposite of each other. It's hard to be who they want...believe me..once you start to hide one piece of you then another and another...till a stranger is staring back at you. I almost am shocked that my eye color hasn't changed too...but your poem was a very close to me subject...I CAN feel the words...I CAN see the words...VERY WELL.. It's so close it's almost scary...like you know ... chills. I thank you again for another RR..it really was well written and emotionally connectable for many I'm sure... :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


They only see who we allow them to see..and sometimes that's comforting and sometimes it causes pain..x You have penned these deep emotions well..xo

Posted 12 Years Ago


The use of the swear word is very effective in this poem because the tone seems very young and innocent, but the addition of the swear word threw me off-guard and realize that there is a lot of pain and rage beneath the "doll-like" appearance of the poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Someone else is always obliged to see us with their eyes. Sometimes we accept it for what its worth, until we know better. But where what they see is a irrelevant picture of what you are, you are obliged to find what you are elsewhere. Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
We tend to show ourselves different to others...thats why they cant see the real person...very sad emotive piece

Posted 12 Years Ago


i love it and at least you know who u are

Posted 12 Years Ago


Seeing yourself is easy... it's the one the other's always see that is hard.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awwww. this made me feel so sad. I know how this feels. Sometimes we feel and see ourselves way different than how others perceived us..
How saddening..
I loved this poem though. Great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1158 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2012
Last Updated on April 25, 2012

Author

frozensakura
frozensakura

Riverbank, CA



About
names athena. middle names dayana, so ppl end up calling me day, dai, die-die, etc. So, feel free to call me Dayana ^_^ lawlz itz teh name i use 4 mi fbook nd vampirefreakz O.e so if u want, u can fri.. more..

Writing
0 0

A Chapter by frozensakura



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Numb Numb

A Poem by Akshat♥