Massage

Massage

A Story by Braden Freeman
"

A story about getting a massage in China.

"

I always enjoy getting a good massage. When I was in China a few years ago, I convinced my friends to come with me to get a massage. The massage parlor was much bigger than the ones I had been to in Canada, and the experience felt new and exciting. My friend initially wanted to request that we be massaged by men, but I remembered that unfortunate Seinfeld episode: the one where George gets freaked out after he is massaged by a man. So, I convinced my friends that women would better suit our needs.


The massage was very relaxing and enjoyable, but for some reason my friend and I laughed through most of it. I suppose we were a little nervous, and I think our laughter was a form of tension release. The whole experience was very fascinating, and the ladies used techniques which I was unfamiliar with. Perhaps Asian massage is not the same as those done in North America, I thought. At the end of the massage, the ladies even dipped our toes in a bucket of water. To be honest, I am still not really sure what the toe thing was about. The main thing was it was an adventure for all of us.


I suppose that is what life is supposed to be, an adventure. We never know what countries we are going to travel to, or what experiences we are going to have. Sometimes adjusting to new cultures is a little scary. My advice to you is when in doubt, get a massage from some Asian ladies, and maybe have a laugh or two.  

© 2015 Braden Freeman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

enjoyed the tale...found it both interesting and humorous...i have a friend who gives me an hour head massage once a week to relieve a chronic headache i have had since jan 1983...it helps a great deal...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Braden Freeman

8 Years Ago

Take care of your head, sweetie.
I've had many massages in China, mostly from the ladies in our office. They'd grind my shoulders with their elbows. I did pay 10rmb once for a "blind massage", but the guy was only mostly blind... He had no special ability.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Braden Freeman

8 Years Ago

Oh, wow. Yah, I remember getting the elbow grinding as well.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 8, 2015
Last Updated on August 8, 2015
Tags: China, Massage, Funny

Author

Braden Freeman
Braden Freeman

Calgary, SW, Canada



About
I live a simple life in Calgary, Alberta. I currently work with the homeless. I want to make the world a better place, and writing is one way compassionate beings uplift the human race. more..

Writing
Nature Nature

A Story by Braden Freeman