Nature

Nature

A Story by Braden Freeman
"

My thoughts on nature.

"
Today I went for a walk outdoors. It was very nice to walk through my city, particularly because I visited some parks on my quest through the busy part of town. There is something calming about finding nature in the heart of a busy city--it is a nice surprise. On my walk today, I actually stopped to admire the beauty around me in one of the city's nicest parks. I literally froze. I blended in with the surroundings and time seemed to stand still. 
This was a special experience for me. However, these experiences are becoming increasingly rare because of man's destruction of the natural world. In humanity's quest for economic growth, we have nearly lost that which is the most valuable. We have nearly lost our environment. We have severed our connection with nature.
I believe we can regain our connection with nature. Reminding ourselves of our origins, on the ways we depend on nature, will undoubtedly strengthen our bond to the environment. We depend on nature for food, for shelter--for life itself. The air we breathe comes from the cosmos. Air is not a man-made thing. Let's make sure our children have the luxury of clean air. Embracing nature is the only path worth taking.    

© 2015 Braden Freeman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on September 2, 2015
Last Updated on September 2, 2015
Tags: Nature, Wild, Connection

Author

Braden Freeman
Braden Freeman

Calgary, SW, Canada



About
I live a simple life in Calgary, Alberta. I currently work with the homeless. I want to make the world a better place, and writing is one way compassionate beings uplift the human race. more..

Writing
Sex Sex

A Story by Braden Freeman