Homeless

Homeless

A Story by Braden Freeman
"

Working with the homeless.

"
I remember one day I walked into the homeless shelter and immediately felt overwhelmed. Clients were hungry, cold and cranky. Staff were also somewhat stressed. It was if within the confines of the shelter all the suffering of the community had gathered and multiplied. I could not help but avoid the suffering, and my mood dropped to unhealthy levels. 
There was one sight that shifted my energies, however. There was a woman reading a book written by Barack Obama. She was deeply inspired by this book, which inspired me to raise my hopes for the population. When you feel inspired, negative energy leaves you, and that happened to me on that day. I realized that hope is more powerful than fear and stress. I committed to bettering myself and those around me.  
We all experience suffering in our own lives, some of us more than others. The best way to overcome suffering is to find a home, a place of love. It may be a physical home that provides a person with comfort and security. It may be something spiritual as well. When we find peace within ourselves, within our souls, we find our inner home. Ending homelessness is something we all must achieve in our own ways.  
May we all find our homes in this world of homelessness. May we all find healing and love. 
 

© 2015 Braden Freeman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was beautiful! :)) You are so right.. we are all homeless until we find the place where our heart fits perfectly. Whether it be a physical home or a spiritual place somewhere in mother nature.


Much love,
xoxo

Posted 8 Years Ago


Braden Freeman

8 Years Ago

Thank you. Yes, nature can be our home.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 1, 2015
Last Updated on October 1, 2015
Tags: Homeless, Healing, Love

Author

Braden Freeman
Braden Freeman

Calgary, SW, Canada



About
I live a simple life in Calgary, Alberta. I currently work with the homeless. I want to make the world a better place, and writing is one way compassionate beings uplift the human race. more..

Writing
Nature Nature

A Story by Braden Freeman


Sex Sex

A Story by Braden Freeman