Eulogy of Eoghan ó Cuilinn

Eulogy of Eoghan ó Cuilinn

A Poem by Brandee D. Hack
"

A man that left us at sea.

"

Farewell to Eoghan ó Cuilinn



(Owen Cullen)


Eoghan ó Cuilinn, a man of the sea… He was as kind-hearted as a man could be. He left the world today without a care in the world. He left to join the others, who had gone on before. 

One might say it was a tragic event, but it all was determined on how you’d look at it. The right day will come for us all you know, but for Eoghan ó Cuilinn, it was his time to go.

He descended as any Irishman would want, out to see with the Ancients - without a plot. Behind him he left a life all too small. He had but a wife and two sons grown tall. Yet, in comfort they knew where their dear Love had gone, he went to the shores of ancient Avalon.

Some would find him crazy, but truly aren’t we all. We are all simply just people, living for the great fall. So to an end he came, a generous man. Eoghan ó Cuilinn left us his land. With his land, he left us his words, which are far greater than the songs of the birds.

He left behind a book, one we all know. He wrote his name down, at the age of his t’weens, then after that it was always to be seen. He decided his path at an early age, to go to heaven - to see the great Christian sage. 

Yet as time went on in his life he found, a spiritual peace excluding heaven’s bound’s. You see God rests in reason. We were born together, and together we shall be, forever. Only God above knows, so let the wind of God float above you and float with love until God moves through you. 

Remember love possesses nothing and it will never be possessed, but it helps you to figure out the rest. You are all the Children of the Beginning and the blessed angels to come. You are just like Eoghan ó Cuilinn, who rests in reason. He rests in the heart of God just like God rests in the sun. 

© 2010 Brandee D. Hack


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great piece, I love the way you wrote it. Like Coyote Poetry below will have to google this man.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 3 people found this review constructive.

this was absolutely beautiful

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A very good remembrance of a man. I try to research the name. Last name is pretty famous. You create a image of a good man who lived a good life.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2010
Last Updated on December 2, 2010

Author

Brandee D. Hack
Brandee D. Hack

Ireland Co.



About
Hello all. My name is Brandee. I have wrote many different genres of writings for many years. I hope that by putting it up that that will help me get some feedback and constructive criticism. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..