Start Anew

Start Anew

A Story by Brandee D. Hack
"

Starting from the beginning.

"
-sigh-
...I've always believe in love. When I was younger my mum told me tales of the ancient ones. She always said in the times of old our ancestors came from a land of magic, but in modern times that our family has forgotten the ways of old and turned our backs on those who gave us life. All save her. She brought us up to be caring, compassionate, understanding, strong and free. As all mother's would say, "I want you to have the life I never could..." My mum was never that way. She wanted us to bask in the glory of freedom, love and knowledge but always to remember where we were from. 

...now as I sit in this swing I feel as though a photograph should be taken or a portrait painted if only to realize one thing. I have sat on this swing so long it seems, yet length has no end, no beginning and no middle. Time is eternity, all relative and made by humans for their own personal use. However I am clever. I know the secret. The secret is to enjoy every moment because it is always the beginning to the end and never-ending. As I sit in my swing with knee-length, golden hair waving in the wind, tied only partially with a single green ribbon...with a sheer cream gown and tiny green ankle-laced slippers...I wonder what everyone is thinking...I wonder where all the magic is gone? 

-three days pass-

...a boy came to visit me today. he told me his name, it all seems fuzzy now. However, one this I know. I will join my family soon. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I want to be with the magic my mother spoke of, I want to be with family where hurt is only a whisper and happiness is but a kiss away.

-the next day-

---The boy has came for me. I am leaving now. I remember his name now, it's Gideon, he said he has been waiting all his life for me and that he will take good care of me... I guess that means I have finally found my resting place, a place where I feel loved and magic is all around me. I am finally where I belong. With Gideon and family in the land of the ancients...

© 2011 Brandee D. Hack


Author's Note

Brandee D. Hack
Ignore any spelling or grammar errors. This is meant to be a story that is free to the imaginative mind... what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very strong introduction. You left a lot of open doors and mystery. I like the use of elders and the ancient ones. I like the family history given to the daughter by a mother. I hope to read more of your story. Good to read your word again.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very strong introduction. You left a lot of open doors and mystery. I like the use of elders and the ancient ones. I like the family history given to the daughter by a mother. I hope to read more of your story. Good to read your word again.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011

Author

Brandee D. Hack
Brandee D. Hack

Ireland Co.



About
Hello all. My name is Brandee. I have wrote many different genres of writings for many years. I hope that by putting it up that that will help me get some feedback and constructive criticism. .. more..

Writing