Love in the Dark

Love in the Dark

A Poem by Brandon Oliver Losier
"

okay. I understand this isn't really a poem. But i don't know what else to call it.

"
Darkness.

Some fear it, and its uncertainties. That that is unknown lies within, therefore we turn on a light to see.

it is true that, in the light, we can see, but without the glare, we truly can perceive a new feeling.

Close your eyes, blow out the candle, immerse yourself in the unknown.

Silence your doubts and take a leap of faith. Slip into the covers of night.

Feel the silk of the shadows brush your skin. Feel the cool breath of wind wind in your hair.

Lie with me, here in the dark. Lets not let our eyes wander, but let our fingers search.

Map out each detail, and travel the trails again.

Let the fires dim, til only our own lights shine out in the dark.

But don't open your eyes, don't say a word.

Listen to my heart beat, and feel what I feel.

Because in this place, our place, we can truly see without opening our eyes.

In this place where not a single flicker of light remains, I see you for what you are.

In this place of silent night, in this place where there should be no light,

Our hearts are beacons that light the way.

And without a glance, without a sound, I fall deep in the rhythm of that warm light.

And two creatures are we now, with our own lights one.

Found in the light of day, but met in the dark.

Two souls, hand in hand, travel through the night.

© 2013 Brandon Oliver Losier


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the way you worded this...I don't think I have ever written a poem about darkness as in depth as this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautifully written:) "Slip into the covers of the night" I like that!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

470 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2013
Last Updated on July 9, 2013

Author

Brandon Oliver Losier
Brandon Oliver Losier

Terre Haute, IN



About
Hi, I'm Brandon. I am a 20 years old, attending my second year of college and aspiring to be an English Major. If you have any questions about writing, and requests, any suggests, just get ahold of me.. more..

Writing