Windows to happiness

Windows to happiness

A Poem by Brandon Lee Burton
"

they say the eyes are the windows to the soul...

"
I woke up this morning, to the most wonderful sight I've ever laid my eyes on, better than any sunset or mountain scene, her beautiful face, the soft curve of her flawless physique being outlined by the blankets, the soft smile peeking from her sleep, so serene, so beautiful, and this wondrous creature has chosen me? what have i done to deserve something so sweet, so special, so kind? she is the most wonderful person to walk into my life, and whats even better is she wants to share my life with me as more than just my best friend, on a level i thought I'd never get to, she doesnt see what i see, but thats ok, if i need to spend the rest of my time here showing her what i see and proving it to her, i happily accept that journey if it means shes by my side, i want to fulfill her every dream, her every wish, to be part of the reason she smiles and the shoulder she cries on when shes sad, the one she can run to and rely on, the one who will carry her when her legs fail, i see all this with one simple look, one glance into her eyes, the windows to my happiness.

© 2012 Brandon Lee Burton


Author's Note

Brandon Lee Burton
punctuation isnt the best

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
1 Review
Added on February 5, 2012
Last Updated on February 5, 2012

Author

Brandon Lee Burton
Brandon Lee Burton

salem, OR



About
hello, im brandon lee burton. im am 22. and i love to write. feel free to give constructive criticism MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Q.. more..

Writing