Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

A Poem by bre
"

12/07/08, my best friend lost her grandmother, so the holiday's are always rough for them, anything she or her family needed i was there. slowly she pushed me away, it hurt.

"
Like many writer's I have insomnia, I stay up my mind racing, it affect my life and school work, so i've started a journal filled with my poems and thoughts. this is the letter I wrote about my friend.

I texted her tonight, told her merry christmas, and that I loved them all. It wasn't a lie, I do love them all, they were like a second family to me. I always say we could never be friends again, and that I hate you, but for every "I hate you" there's ten more "I love you's" attached. I'm sorry for the pain her and her family are going through, and that I cant be there now. she pushed me away months ago and thats why I cant go back. you were my best friend, I trusted you with everything, and I can't do that again, but I'm sorry for any wrong on my behalf.

here's the poem I got from that.

December 25th, 2009
I texted you that night 
"Merry christmas, I love you"
It wasn't a lie

You were a second family to me
My best friend
I trusted you with eternity
i can't do that again

I'm sorry for all the pain 
You and your family suffer
and that I can't be there for you
Like a real friend suppose to.

You pushed me away
So now I can't help
There's to much space
To many walls have been built

This is all I can give
From me to you
"Merry Christmas to all,
I'm sorry and your missed"

© 2009 bre


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a really good poem! it sucks when people grow apart, as I know very well. But you show the true dilemma here that people suffer; friends grow apart, but one of them will still always be there for the other one. It was really well written too and it just flowed nicely and the words were simple, meaningful and they sounded nice in the poem :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is... great. It is actually wonderful. This isn't just a poem - It's a short story in its own right. The flow was excellent, and poem itself was of a decent length. The reader can immediently understand the persona, which is vital to a good poem. Many people can relate to this. And the emotions that come through the poem are brillant. This is a great write.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 25, 2009
Last Updated on December 25, 2009

Author

bre
bre

niagara falls, NY



About
"After a While" After a while you learn The subtle difference between Holding a hand and chaining a soul And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning And company doesn't always mean security. .. more..

Writing
Journal Entry 5 Journal Entry 5

A Story by bre


Journal Entry 4 Journal Entry 4

A Poem by bre


Journal Entry 3 Journal Entry 3

A Story by bre