Mirage

Mirage

A Poem by breaking_heart

Mirage

I'm drowning
You're running to save me
Wait, where are you going?
You're fading, disappearing 
A mirage
You werent really there
But I'm really drowning, thinking that you were

© 2015 breaking_heart


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Those mirage can make us wish for things we cannot have. A well-written poem with good story and honest ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Extremely painful.

Now, get up early tomorrow morning, while its still dark, and find a vantage point with a good view of the eastern Ontario sky, out towards Oshawa.
Watch the stars fade out into a sunrise; watch all the colors of the new dawn, whether they be grays or reds or pinks or oranges. No matter what they are, enjoy them.
Write me a poem about them. Write me a poem about the birth of a new day. Write me a poem about how we have the privilege of being re-born everyday, how we have the chance to re-invent ourselves everyday.
Then go out and watch the sun sink low, over towards London or Sarnia, and write me a poem about the joy in life that you saw today because you made a conscious effort to go out and find it, and tell me what the sky looked like at sunset. Tell me the colors, make me feel that I am there with you.
And then tell me what you'll do tomorrow...
...for every sunset leads to a new dawn, a new day, and the chance to be a new you.
Look forward. Look through the fire of the pain, for on the other side is a new day. It is up to you to decide to put one foot in front of the other...
...and watch every tomorrow being born.
That is God's gift to us: The promise of a new day, and the chance to become a new person.
Enjoy it always.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

298 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2015
Last Updated on August 8, 2015
Tags: sad, depression, depressed, suicide, suicidal

Author

breaking_heart
breaking_heart

Toronto, Canada



About
I am going through a hard time and decided to write. I'm not a good writer. I'm 15, so I'm not too experienced. My punctuation will be sloppy. Same with my grammar. Please excuse that. Thank you more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by breaking_heart



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..